086A Update: The FT-86 Concept

toyota_ft-86_concept

Just one look at this image over at TMR and I knew, at that very moment, I wanted one. TMR writes:

Offering the best look yet at Toyota’s plans for its upcoming entry-level rear-wheel-drive sportscar, the Japanese carmaker has revealed the FT-86 concept ahead of its Tokyo Motor Show debut.

Borrowing styling cues from both the FT-HS concept and the upcoming Lexus LF-A, the FT-86 is likely powered by the same Subaru-sourced 2.0 litre four-cylinder boxer engine expected to power the upcoming ‘O86A’.

Seriously, if the 086A comes out looking identical to this, I’ll have no problems with scooting down to the showroom and driving away in Toyota’s re-emergence into the world of sporty passenger vehicles. Even the super-experimental gundam-esque interior trimmings get the tick of approval in my opinion – zips and all!

Read the rest (including specs!!) over at The Motor Report. Oh, and make sure to make your desires known to Toyota – it’s up to enthusiasts like us to get this project off the ‘maybe’ list and into showrooms!

Heres a quick chop done by HR Blogger (and legit graphic designer) Harley. It looks so awesome with its 18″ Watanabes and ‘panda bumpers’!

ft86-chop

Tags: ,

13 Responses to 086A Update: The FT-86 Concept

1. Pingback: NEWSWORTHY> Toyota FT86 Concept Revealed! – MotorMavens

2. Pingback: 86ers.org » Blog Archive » FT86 Concept

3. Banpei says:

It is even more beautiful than I hoped for! :)
    I found some more pictures of this concept through Impulse:

4. Richard says:

i love the chop shot. i wana know how to do that. also they would be bigger than 18s. for a new car it looks awesome as these days new cars look like bubbles on wheels.

5. Alonso says:

AWESOME! i cant wait to see the new 86 running on watanabes for real, i dont like too much the idea of having a boxer engine.

6. sexy says:

AM GOING TO ORDER 1 FIT 13/7 SUPERLIGHTS CIBIE SPOTLAMPS AND DONUT THE SHITE OUT HER

7. Col says:

That’s a sexy car

8. youngy says:

Harley – your living in the past!

I am of course, joking!

9. sootie says:

looks like a squashed 370 (which I hate) but meh if its light and rwd it might stop me buying older and older cars

10. genkin says:

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the FT-86 and the 086A? Is the FT-86 just a concept name and the final release will be titled 086A?

I’m really loving the interior dash and doors. Not too keen on those futuristic seats however.

I’d love to see a Trueno and Levin front end variations. Also, some form of factory white on black paint job!?

11. banpei says:

@genkin: there is no 086A, that’s the project name for the AE86 successor. The FT-86 is a concept car by Toyota designed by the European Toyota design studio. Toyota already announced a Japanese and US concept may be revealed as well.

12. DAN SMITH says:

GLOBAL WATCH:

THIS CAR IS THE VERY SERIOUS SHOT IN THE ARM THAT TOYOTA SO DESPERATELY NEEDS. A GENUINELY HOT SUPRA WOULD DRAW MASSIVE CROWDS OF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED SHOPPERS ONTO THE SALES LOTS. AND WITH MULTI-TIERED OFFERINGS, SALES VOLUMES WOULD HAVE TO INCREASE. THE CURRENT BUMPS IN THE ROAD CAN BE DEALT WITH. WHAT THIS COMPANY DESPERATELY NEEDS IS A STRONG ROSTER OF “GOTTA HAVE” OFFERINGS.