Winton Sprint Series Round 1 - Saturday the 29th of March

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's on again this year, The Pedders no bull/BP Midland Sprint Series at Winton.

This is a 5 round series over the course of the year, but each event is entered individually - Meaning you are free to enter one event without any obligation of attending any of the other 4. Great fun, and a good learning environment for people wanting to get out and learn on a race track.

Important to note that you will not be racing people head to head as such (though you can if you choose to), the series is judged on lap times and is aimed at providing a safe environment for amateur racers.

If it is your first time to a race track, and your worried about your inexperience, don't be, this is the ideal event for you, and the track is open for first timers alone at the start of the day, so you can get out there and feel your way around the course. You'll find everybody at the track really friendly and more than willing to offer advice.

So round 1 is on Saturday the 29th of March, entry cost should be $100, and if you don't have one, an AASA licence can be bought on the day for $50 and will last for one year.

Your car will need a fire extuingisher, which can be bought from any motorsport store for around $30. You will also be required to wear a helmet that meats Australian standard, (A dirtbike helmet is fine). And a long sleeved shirt and pants.

Learner drivers and un-licenced drivers are allowed to enter this event. There is a section for juniours that usually has a few entrants.

Any more questions just ask here.

There is already 3 Sprinters attending, with the possability of a 4th, so it's a great chance to meet some other AE86 enthusiasts.

A few pics from the last event of last year.

ae86sprinta

Jan 4, 2007
Benalla (5 mins from Winton)
i will get around to fixing up my members ride at some stage.

i went.

REAR.
Nagisa 4 link pillowball adjustable traction rods.
adj. panhard
TRD blue short stroke shock 8 way adj.
TRD 6kg spring.
KAAZ LSD.

FRONT.

AJPS adj. Coilover set up.
8 kg spring
TRD Blue short stroke shock.
roll centre adjuster.
cusco camber tops.
carbing front strut brace.

got nearly all of it off evan at royal drift.
should be so so sweet. might take me a while to get it all set up.

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
I have a feeling I wont be holding you off this time in a 1 on 1 battle!

Sounds like a good setup. See you in a couple of weeks