WA. Drift Australia round 1

driftae86

Oct 19, 2006
Drift Australia came to perth for the first time this weekend. alot of us got to see the quality of the drivers and the cars for the first time ever. i must say i was blown away by the speeds and entries these guys had. especially a Mr Beau Yates lol. that guy is crazy.

got to see Josh Young and Beau Yates cars in the flesh and was amazed at the quality of the work done on the cars. also got to chat to Beau and Leighton Fine (who is driving the appletons 1via now). was really impressed by the approachability of the drivers.

we pretty much harassed Beau all day saturday with questions and handshakes haha. if u read this Beau, sorry! hahaha.

so any of the WA guys (or even interstate guys who flew over) share your thoughts on the weekend and also any PICS you have from the event.

ps. congrats to Adam "borneo" trewhella for taking out 1st place in DA. doing it for WA! :)

Matt-AE86

Apr 3, 2006
Perth, WA
Was good to see Beau at our home track as at Mallala last year he didnt have a big impact on me as Leighton did. But I guess there are advantages and disadvantages to that. All in all, was very good to see, and made me want to have turbo again so I can take these new invintive lines.

Well done to all. BLUEH!

driftae86

Oct 19, 2006
that autosalon car is pretty wild. clever using chrome stickers/vinyl rather than that chrome paint that never seems to work.

it almost got crashed into a couple of times though haha.

it seemed to go well on the high speed barbagallo track.

Nikkojoe

Nov 30, 2006
Perth
Awesome weekend, lots of action all day both days. Did not get much of a chance to walk around much...

Got about 1gb+of pics and videos so if anyone wants stuff, give me a cd or two and ill burn it...

Click HERE! to access some pics from the day

driftae86

Oct 19, 2006
umm yer high octane doesnt allow linking to pics.

could you describe the car u are talking about?

driftae86

Oct 19, 2006
lol yeah, its a suzuki something. its been to a few drift events :p

for some reason it was the only front wheel drive car in the event :lol:

he does well though, very brave, just cant carry the slide like the rwd cars can.

he was entered in superdrift but dont think he got very far

Cannonball

May 31, 2006
Sydney
It would be nice, but with the style of tracks we use in australia, and the way the drifting is judged (Aussie drifting has a slightly different....flavour to the Japanese style), you would need a very high level NA tune to be effectiive.

Matt-AE86

Apr 3, 2006
Perth, WA
Cannonball said:
It would be nice, but with the style of tracks we use in australia, and the way the drifting is judged (Aussie drifting has a slightly different....flavour to the Japanese style), you would need a very high level NA tune to be effectiive.
Well said Cannonball.