Trent's phat-86 diary.

t-nol

May 2, 2011
Campbelltown
im sure ant and sam could give you some pointers as to fitting one (from when josh did it), hell even delazy, skin, JT or mark as they know lloyd smith who built the ITB'd 1uz AE71.
im sure if you did a bit of a google search you could find a number of people who have done it
Yeah, noticed Delazy's involvement, and have been reading all Lloyds build thread, will be in touch with others as it comes around.
Good news is i have a couple the young apprentices, my brother and my cousin all very keen on it, which will help when i crack the shits, lol.

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
3UZ's are a sweet engine,way better than the original 1UZ. If you can get the later motor,it's well worth it. I've owned both versions in daily drivers and they're very smooth and make good power for their size.

Justin...

t-nol

May 2, 2011
Campbelltown
Yeah sorry boys, none yet.

Just wanted a quick rant about this bloody car...... hmmm so frustrating, the diffs always been whining, and exhaust too loud and droning, now the brake booster has busted, and making a whistling sound, and on the way home couple days ago now another pulley related noise...... faaaaaarrrrk, i just want to burn the friggin thing right now. And of course no money right now either.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Yeah sorry boys, none yet.

Just wanted a quick rant about this bloody car...... hmmm so frustrating, the diffs always been whining, and exhaust too loud and droning, now the brake booster has busted, and making a whistling sound, and on the way home couple days ago now another pulley related noise...... faaaaaarrrrk, i just want to burn the friggin thing right now. And of course no money right now either.

mate, we all go through this shit. most of it is all small niggly little things but take the most time and a only a couple of $$ to fix.
keep plugging away, you will get it sorted easily enough.

t-nol

May 2, 2011
Campbelltown
You're just a picture whore, aren't you Phuoc, lol.
Thanks Adam, pisses me off so much though, and being a daily hurts even more..... my plan is at this stage is not to re-register this car when it's up again, as i want to do a full rebuild top to bottom, and get this thing mickey mouse.

Here's a couple of pic's of my latest purchase, another cheap 86 came up, so i jumped on it, will be using this as the dummy for the BEAMS install, while the good car is in rebuild or driving mode.
Notice how i seem to get the "i can make this fit" previous owners, lol.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
yeah i mate i went through that shit before... im very glad i have the micra instead.

and yeah, the fuck!? looks like they heated it with an oxy and bashed the shit out of it...

t-nol

May 2, 2011
Campbelltown
I don't think it liked being outside at all, even for a week, but my cat loved the ducktail to sleep on..... it did die that week too, no joke. Not me, but just saying, Karma's a bitch.

Bluesprinter

Aug 25, 2008
Sydney
Going outside to finish preping for this Saturdays "wet pan day" at Sydney Motorsport Park (EC to the oldie's like me).
if its wet pan day all you need is half a tank of fuel and a smart phone with full battery to keep you busy while you line up hahaha

yeah these cars will do your head day in and day out but when your behind the wheel there is no other car of choice to be had

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Hey
I'm Timmy the dude with the beams

Iv never owned or driven an 86 with a 20 valve , but my last one did have a ze

When I first got the car I was very happy with it. It went hard and sounded great on the dyno it made 109rwkw
It drifted real well 2nd was just real easy to spin up and 3rd at speed held sideways real easy

THEN I got it tuned and played with things like vvti and velocity stack lengths... After that it's just mental!
Makes 137rwkw

It's an amazing engine

Do the conversion !

The things I will say is get quads for it, in my mind that is what sets off my motor

Find a really good tuner I went from
109 to 120 rwkw purely on tune and vvti settings alone

Plus you need to realize these only spin up to 7000 rpm... Id say this is what most 4age owners have a problem with the beams.... But trust my it hauls till 7 no worries