Track and road brake kits

ep71

Apr 30, 2012
Ireland
We're currently developing a number of new brake kits for fast road and track use, should have a kit using 260 x 23mm discs for cars running 13" wheels and a kit using 280 x 25mm discs for cars running 15" wheels

Two piece steel mounting bracket, needs to be drilled and tapped yet but you get the idea!

Assembled with 275mm drilled disc

ep71

Apr 30, 2012
Ireland
no, we're trying to keep the kit as simple as possible in order to keep the cost low, Looking to retail these at around $550AU including pads lines and fittings

Eircamae86

Sep 11, 2008
Toowoomba QLD
From what i have experienced owning 2 similar willwood kits at present, is that the disc is a pain in the arse. as in getting a spare or replacement, all I wanted was 2 to put in a spares bag & out of the us the disc rotors were over $400

ep71

Apr 30, 2012
Ireland
no, this is a disc which i chose myself, totally different to what t3 use and real easy come by although they do have to be redrilled, I'll be happy to supply replacement discs for about $65 each ready to fit if you cant source on your end

Youngy

Mar 30, 2006
Sydney and Newcastle
www.heavy.com
Just an FYI.

Some engineers here in Oz probably won't approve that setup as technically the only bolts should be to the upright and to the caliper. Not a set of bolts holding two brackets together.

Flame on!

Youngy

Mar 30, 2006
Sydney and Newcastle
www.heavy.com
It really depends on the engineer I have to say. I got mine approved as it uses a radius that steps out to radial mounts.

The above is pretty sweet though. Wish you were around about 3 years ago................lol

ep71

Apr 30, 2012
Ireland
cheers, well happy with how it's turned out. cant wait to get them fitted myself and give them a roasting!

ep71

Apr 30, 2012
Ireland
First full kit

fitted the 275mm kit to my charmant today and have been testing them out since, delighted with the results so far!
good firm pedal using standard master cylinder, great stopping power and well able to take the heat aswell

Overall I'm very happy with the kit