Tims bought not built AE90 FWD

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yay....

i need timing belt and headgasket and a few bits and bobs for mine also... should get onto that lol

looking grouse old boy ! :)

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Had a quick test fit and im tolerances are a little tight (its not a bearing fit Tim....)

so some more R&D
but if there is some interest i might make a few sets

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
had a big week of late nights getting this up and running

then went for a big drive

car feels great ! very happy with the suspension changes
the quick rack is just awesome really changes how to car drives

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
joined 2008 only 20 posts JRiftin ??? who is this guy?? ha ha

well yeah the more i have been thinking about it the more this car has really dropped into the realm of how i have wanted it for ages

in the past when driving fast she would move around abit under hard braking and then out of corners a very loose sort of feeling

the set up was stock LCA Neg rca and a worn steering rack and caster arms only allowed 3-4 deg

Now i have rose jointed LCA no rcas quick rack and able to run 5 deg caster

also while i had all the front struts out i worked out the different settings on my adjustable shocks (no idea what they were set on before) now have them set on 2 out of 1-4

on a long drive on some fantastic twisty roads the car now feels so planted so confident under hard braking and so stable out of the corner and that is with my crappy 14s and cheap tyres??

my conclusion is my steering input is now so accurate and spot on that i am keeping the car much more balanced with smoother inputs
and the NEG rca i feel really upsets allot of that

in short car is the best it has ever been ! and that 300km all on my own just me and the car was the best driving experience i have ever had!

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
another big weekend of 86 greatness

took the car up the Canberra for an all Japanese car show AKA hard parking in a car park

had a few electrical issues blowing fuses?? so dident get to wash the car

but lets face she is no show queen even when it is clean ha ha

great turn out and we had 6 Ae86s there! thats more than most 86 street meets iv been to

parked next to JRiftins blue weapon with a turbo 4age

Later that night the ACT 86 crew showed me how they 86 and let me tell you they now how to show an outsider a good time!

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Had a great time driving and the Fedral RSRs are just whole other level car goes around corners and brakes like nothing i have ever drivin SO much fun

got home and a small job i have always wanted to do is make it easier to remove the front bar
got me some inline plugs and extended the wiring

now the bar sits on the ground and the plugs are easy to undo
jobs a gooden

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
[video=youtube;SZbd_opCpnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbd_opCpnk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

went 4th fastest for the day

very happy with that!

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
He did say "looks very like a standard late model corolla." Just go with it and tell everyone its standard :)

competed im my first hill climb last weekend

so much fun really enjoyed it

this was in the local paper

standard....??? im a little offended.....