the yellow submarine

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
might aswell start a thread here beacuse im bored,ill just throw up photos throughout my build up to where i am now..had the submarine for about 1.5 years now.it went from 4k-worked 4k with twin dellortos-now 4agte..hoping to have it on the road in the next 2 or 3 months.has been off the road since last august

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
i've told you a million time but god how i love this car!

i'd own one in a heart beat had they not had the shit rear end setup.

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
freshley rebuilt calipers and new pads

all fitted this evening along with new brembo discs,should be no problem stoppin the little 4k!!

pic of my lock,hopefully will rain soon so can get some use out of it

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
was off today so said i'd get stuck in!felt bad undoing all the work i had only completed recently but will be bigger and better!
half way through

motor out

stripped bay to give a good clean when i have a chance

will get it shining tomorow..
package then arrived to my delight

these have to be seen in person,brand new 'old stock' genuine and mint!!
still in original box's

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
got the crossmember and engine mounts sandblasted and powdercoated and fitted them up..

IT MOVES!!

not by its own steam though :( lol in the middle of moving house so panno has a new home

not a whole lot being done,hopefully get stuck in after xmas,heading to ireland for 3weeks soon..
big thanks to jojo,he the man!
he came around one day and done the hydrolic clutch conversion for me,looked like a pain in the ass!
i did the hard part(2 seconds with grinder) and left the easy part to him(swop pedal box,drill holes) haha

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH

so...some shit went down yesterday!
started with this,one perfectly good sprinter...

and one poor old panno van

jojo came around,said he's donate some of his time to me as he wanted to be part of the badest panno ever to be made!lol
so we flipped a coin,i had a gze sitting there and i had the sprinter with 4agte,couldnt decide which one i wanted to use in panno
the poor 86 lost :(

big mess made

panno sees first bit of daylight in ages

heart transplant

looks right at home

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
done a little bit on this today...
got new turbo and exaust gaskets and bolted on all the turbo bits and oil lines..
thats about it,,lol

decided to go with a microtech lt10 so gunna order that tomorrow.they seem to be good value for money,
plus was talking to one of the local tuners and the reckoned microtechs were great..
this will be a year off the road on august so need to rego it before then,so setting that as a deadline for this to be driving..see how it goes
picked up a pair of lonchamps lastnight,14x8 a type..looking for a wide pair for the rear now

picked up a hks timing belt,think i have a pair of hks cam gears sorted too so should look good under the clear cover

john84ie

Oct 4, 2008
COMPTON BITCH
cheers guys,have put alot into considering when i started i hadnt done much more than basic services on a car,so learning as i go!
still a long ways (and money) to go until i have it the way i want it,but should be something different!

all my cars are gone now tim,only have the panno left:( on the look out for a new 86 though,have my eye on a nice coupe trueno with full toda engine so if things go my way ill have it mid june,fingers crossed!

im a toyota nut,been through 8 jdm 86's,1 adm,i uk spec 86,2 ke70 panno,2 kp61 starlets,1 ae71 wagon,4 ke70 sedans,1 gz20 soarer,loads of daily fwd toyota..then numerous dirty datsuns 180's,s14's,cerfiro,ect