Team KZG take out Stadium Drift Tandem Event - Pics

Sam

Jun 23, 2006
Brisbane
Hi All...

Just thought everyone would like to know that the hachi's are in control up here in Qld at the moment.

Josh and I took out the Tandom Event that was held up here on the 18th @ the Gold Coast Parklands for Stadium Drift Super Sunday.

With some close competition from Cam (r32 with 400+ hp) and Tony Harrison (Drift Commodore from Superdrift and DA) and quiet a few other Qld compeditors we ran the 8 run qualifier and the 4 run final to Qualify and Finish in first place.

I lead with some wide lines and extremely slow entries (after the 2 practice runs where i ran away leaving a large gap) to allow Josh to use his great skills to tuck right up the inside for some very close Drifting.

Josh also tried his hand at the burnouts at the end of the day, Thus completeing his Bogan transformation.

Also after qualifying 1st and 2nd @ Archefield on Friday night we finished the comp by battling each other for the win. On the rerun i tried a little to hard to get a big entry into the 1st corner I had a spin handing the victory to the old man... :)

Heaps of Pics Below from sunday but more availible at following link.

http://www.pbase.com/mcphotographics/080217

Both hitting the same clipping point

Coming close out of the last corner

So comfortable on the podium

BOGAN

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
bogan skid for the lose. sux heaps, and only reason you were getting away was i ran my rears at 45 psi as discussed for slower, smokier better looking runs, and every time i hit the go pedal it went nowhere.... AWSOME days drifting though, great way to follow up from friday night....

Beau

Jul 24, 2006
4th Gear City.
I heard a rumour that you guys asked Garff to join your team but not only is his holly (Pun FTW) 86 sitting on blocks but his goatie was to much for one man to have in QLD and was banned from entering at the boarder.

please confirm if true-ness is here!

Sam

Jun 23, 2006
Brisbane
wow beau...How the hell do you stay so up to date with all these events... :)

Actually in QLD there is a Ivers goatee ban, so only 1 Ivers family member may show their goatee in public... And his brothers is still going strong.. :)

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
courtesy of the ever infamous 'cybill' donor car. hurry up and sort that gearbox out to, i dont want your shitbox in my shed for 2 weeks, im trying to move......

Sam

Jun 23, 2006
Brisbane
lol... Well he's usually right..

The track is the gokart track @ Gold Coast Parklands... Only get to use it at Raceline events and usually only scored solo runs.. Fun though... Photo below..

Beau

Jul 24, 2006
4th Gear City.
i wanna come up i dont know why but i really want to drive that track, maybe its actually really crap and you and Josh just make it look so much fun, but i really wanna drive it..

Whats that Garff the annual will be in QLD so Beau can drive this?

Sam

Jun 23, 2006
Brisbane
lol... Hard to get use of this track as the parklands are booked out alot for other things (such as trot racing, Big day out, Some weird Christan Christmas show, Other events)

Also the only people who can use this track are Raceline who have already booked all there spots for the year. :(

I'm pretty sure we could get the Archefeild Go-Kart track though... Its fun as.. Just things to hit... :)

timottaway

Oct 15, 2007
Brisbane
look at that...sam and his stock radiator...what a jackass LOL doesn't get hot even!

fact, cybill is mythical beast forged in the early hours realm of KZG