Stuart's GZE NEW PICS

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
well the front lip, wheels and turbo manifold showed up today. Putting tyres on tomorrow at work. they seem to sit well. dropping the lip at the panel shop to be fitted up to the front bar. and the manifold will sit in my room till i by a turbo. I also put the dash back in. and after seeing it in I'm changing my build direction to 100% sex spec build up, expect to see 20's and air bag suspension............ NOT

I'm super happy with the dash and would recommend one to anyone. Camber tops should be here tomorrow. I took some photo's but my internet is super slow. so i'll upload them in a few days when it gets reset. should be on the road next week.

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
My parts from T3 came today. great service from that place. I got a underdrive water pump pulley but its for RWD so I think i need to change to a RWD water pump to make it fit . Which is a pain. I got the new steering arms to. They have two holes drilled in the so you can get two setting of lock. one is the same lock as PS arms the other is even more lock. I found a problem though if you have them on the setting for the most lock they hit the rack ends. I sent them an email to see if they have a solution. I removed the rack spacer because i was hitting the inner guards and 4 turns lock to lock sucks balls. i got my strut brace to fit i could have a few bonnet clearance issue though.

I'm going to run the front lower but I'm not sure how things will settle so i gave it a a little space. i ran in to another small problem i shortened the rack ends to i could get some adjustment with the rack space but now i removed it I'm a bit short on thread for adjustment but it should be sweet.

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
I took the car for a drive tonight. Runs well just needs a Wheel alignment. I'm running a little short on thread for the tie rods so i order some AJPS tie rod ends. The new steering arms a thicker than normal arms so I'm going to use bolts from 40 mm RCA's. The front bar should be painted tomorrow too. i had the space the bonnet out a fair bit to clear the strut brace.

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
did some more work today.
i fitted my traction brackets, new shocks and 4.5 springs. got it all done in my lunch break which was good. car sits a bit high at the rear now so i think i'll cut a little off the spring. or i might just order some lower ones.

ATM I'm running 6 kg up front and 4.5 kg at the rear but I'm thinking of changing to 8 kg at the front and 6 kg at the rear. i was wondering how people go with this setup as i know it's very common. How do you find it. My car does some daily work. any advice will be good.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
depends on the shock really. if you got good shocks you could get away with it.
with the greddy set up, on the soft setting it was still quite firm.. you could live with it everyday but it was still a bit harsh. some bumps you'd barely feel and others would almost launch you into space..

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
shocks are good so i might give 8kg and 6kg a run when i get my tax money. i'll post some pics tonight of the dash.

widgee

Jan 20, 2009
Miranda
myspace.com
8/6 spring rate combo is doable for a daily. i drive mine round everyday with that. its a little on the stiff side but still driveable if u dial the shocks to a soft setting. it just gets a little irit when theres roadworks and the roads all cut up, like my local area now ha.
p.s great build up stu

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
changed to bendix ultimate pads from endless pads. much better feel and response from the bendix pads. clutch is starting to get a bit shitty so its time for me to change that too.

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
I have been driving it around for a couple of weeks now. The clutch is on the way out so i decided to upgrade while i had the box out. Dave at AJPS is sorting me out with the parts. A new 3.7 kg 200mm flywheel and exedy cushioned puk clutch and HD pressure plate. Just waiting on some funds. Be hoarding a few parts for the turbo setup too.

Suede Dash

Running lower now with some neg camber

waiting on fund for the rest

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
I will try take some better photos on the weekend with my other camera. Doing the clutch has set me back a little way on doing the turbo. I think i'm going to wait until after the annual because if something goes wrong or i get held up i could miss it.

stuartgze

Oct 26, 2007
sydney
I will try take some better photos on the weekend with my other camera. Doing the clutch has set me back a little way on doing the turbo. I think i'm going to wait until after the annual because if something goes wrong or i get held up i could miss it.