Shockworks Toyota AE86 Coilover Suspension Kits

shift_rook

Jun 11, 2012
Monbulk, SE Suburbs, Melbourne
The AE86 package has now been completed and has been developed for Australian roads, spending 2 weeks full time just on tuning. We believe we've come up with a package that offers great ride quality and benchmark handling even on full soft. The adjustment range in the harder settings offer a change of balance to the vehicle, with more aggressive body control and response. All this with the biggest strut on the market for the AE86.

The package includes:
10 stage adjustable, 45mm (piston) monotube inverted strut with spring and base height adjustment
6kg 65mm Motorsport coils
Adjustable Camber Tops
10 stage adjustable, 45mm monotube dampers with adjustable height.
Adjustable spring seats
4kg rear springs
C spanners to suit
12 months warranty including all track use(excluding all crashes :jdmsmile: )

Other features about the damper: fully serviceable and can custom tune to suit individual customers. All work done in house at our Melbourne workshop.
Extra: These coilovers use the original AE86 stub axle. The stub axle needs to have the centre machined out to 50.5mm so the new strut can be pressed in and then welded in place. We can offer this service for an additional $100 for both front struts, if you're interstate you can mail the cut down stub to us and we will send them installed, otherwise we will include instructions.
We are currently in development making kits that include stub axle with reinforcement added. These kit's will be 2k+ post but mean the machining work is not needed

Pricing $1800 including GST + Post

For further details
Mobile- Chris 0413962123
Email- chris.obrien@shockworks.com.au

Due to demand we've actually sold out of all available kits at this point in time and will have a new batch ready in August.
Any questions please ask

Stain

Nov 22, 2006
Cairns
Tell me more about the 10 way adjustment. How noticeable is each step and how much does it change the dynamics of the suspension?
As in, will it go from super comfortable daily to rock hard drifter between 0 and 10? Or is it more to fine tune the handling for different track surfaces and conditions and the overall feel of the setup doesn't change much?

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Tell me more about the 10 way adjustment. How noticeable is each step and how much does it change the dynamics of the suspension?
As in, will it go from super comfortable daily to rock hard drifter between 0 and 10? Or is it more to fine tune the handling for different track surfaces and conditions and the overall feel of the setup doesn't change much?
Bloody good question stain.

shift_rook

Jun 11, 2012
We have quite a large adjustment area. We have made it so at full soft the car is more than drivable as a daily and possibly a good setting if you're driving in the rain on the track or on street tyres, then with full hard reducing body roll further, to be used with a stickier competition tyre. We have spent a fair bit of time setting the car up properly. I do believe no one else in Australia offers a kit as well developed as ours.

shift_rook

Jun 11, 2012
We do. They could be given with the sale of the dampers. Problem is we've spent a long time developing forces, to long for someone to just take those forces to another damper manufacturer. Feel free to read up on the website about our experience in the field...

dove grey 64

Aug 13, 2010
melb
my 86 is fitted out with shockworks suspension, currently set at ZERO and is perfect for my daily driving which is through the mountains and then to built up suburban driving. have not had the chance to take it out on the track yet but it is amazing stuff

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
They probably aren't imported separately as parts,and come into the country in complete kit form,and they wouldn't want to break up a kit and be stuck with the rest.

Justin...

shift_rook

Jun 11, 2012
Justin is correct, could do it but you'd have to wait 2 months and i would have to confirm exact pricing with the supplier as Justin said we buy the kit at a complete piece price.

Also an update, kits with stub axle to be delivered by end of September, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. We'll do another few tuning days in between now and then to get the setup as close to perfect as possible.

dove grey 64

Aug 13, 2010
melb
my 86 was used in a comparison video, fitted with shockworks coilovers, check it out.
[video=youtube;oA9ppkLOqCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9ppkLOqCA[/video]

Jimmee1990

Apr 15, 2012
Mount Dandenong
Just got home from having mine fitted, and i'm super impressed by everything. Huge grip and bump absorbtion is amazing. Easily comparable in balance and feel to my uncle's Ohlins dampers ($7500!) in his race car.

Jacob

Jun 28, 2012
Sydney
Hey mate

Got a definite price for a bolt-in kit? I haven't got the tools to do anything more than bolting in lol

hardon

Apr 28, 2012
sydney
So impressed with my shockworks suspension, major improvement in handling and the damper settings make a huge difference.