Reggin's Revvin

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
Hey guys, thought I should stop being anonymous and actually introduce myself and my hachi. While Im at uni at the moment trying to avoid doing an assignment, i have no access to pictures, therefore ill just give some info on how my car has progressed since i got it:

Original purchase was from A guy in bendigo with a killer 4agte track hachi, But mine was fully stock. this was in march (i can tell since i joined the night i took the car home).

First thing i did was get it on the road, which involved getting new pads, welding exhaust holes and a few other nitbits. From there i removed the ugly ass blue stripes i had on the car, fixed a clutch fluid leak into the cabin, changed the drum cylinder thingys which were leaking for months, and i was having to fill up with break fluid every time i drove the thing lol.
After this i drove it i began installing my stereo, an old sony head unit from my last car, and bought some alpine type s front 4 inchers for the front some old 6x9s i had for the already drilled into parcel shelf.
Got to work on the wipers the grille and the front and rear bumpers, restoring them and spraying them black, but work was to halt when the following happened

I drove it for a while stock, but eventually (after doing a few keybangs earlier on in the day) with a car full of mates in the city, stereo blaring, the thing started sputtering. I was like WTF!! but then the car seemed to be ok. Went to the place we were going to, and then went to go home. car started ok, but halfway down the Highway charge light came on, lights were crazy dim, and i began to worry. Got about 2 k's away from my house before it sputtered to a stop. After jump starting the car, moved it home. every time i started the thing it had crazy idle, and the charge light wouldn't go off. Plus when you went to turn the thing off it would stay on, and id have to stall it to turn it off. Tried changing fuses, changing alternators, and changing batterys, and decided to say F*** it and bail.

Car sat there in my front yard for ages while till Ginga Garage could fit my "operation kill 4ac" into his schedule, where I took it to get the following mods done:
bigport 4age
extractors and exhaust
halfcage
trd green shocks
trd springs,
15x 8 superlights.

Car gets delivered tommorow and i haven't really slept for the last week becasue of it. Have a few things i bought in japan coming for the car as well:
Dildo shifter
Nardi wheel
random brand front strut brace
Cusco rear strut Brace
plus heaps of random stickers.

These parts have been in qld for a while, waiting for a mate to post them , and they should be arriving soon.

will come up with some photos soon. The car is really clean interior wise, and Im smitten with the end result. original paint is not bad for its age, but thinking eventually of getting it resprayed cause there is some damage to the back right wheelarch that needs fixing, and i dont want it to look pox when i get it done, not sure when though cause im flat broke after going overseas and funding her transformation while still going to uni only working a few times a week.

Car will be used as a daily, and a learning tool for a noob drifter.

makhachi

Nov 12, 2007
Cairns
cool, but with the uni thing just dont worry about it :D do what I did and fail at school, join the army and eventually get out and drive trucks, pays well :lol:

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
LOL, mate of mine drives trains, is loaded. If it falls through ill either be doing that or ill be a TMU, thrashing an SS everyday lol

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
no idea, when i bought them they were rusty and poo, but then some persistence, lots of wet and dry sandpaper, and some autosol fixed it up. bought second hand. sorry about the big pics im a noob at posting images, was like imageshack? ke??lol. But yeah, took the car to a local exhaust place, getting twin dump pipes put on today, should be sweet. sounded awesome with no muffler at all, was just like the 86's in japan, but alas, the law is not my friend and i wish to avoid getting busted, so Ive muffled it.

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
Lol, fuel leak was just excess fuel from when they took the tank out. Went for a drive and came back, opened the bonnet, was like WTF?....Distributor had started to melt cause of heat from my extractors. Need heat shielding badly lol. will get some and then start driving it more

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
I ended up getting a mates stock heat shield and putting it on, might put some further heat shielding at a later date. idle still needs to be fixed, sounds like its got mad cams atm cause i think the engines compensating for power steering which isnt there. theres a hole in the intake ill block off soon, but Im also getting a resonator put in tomorrow cause its still way too loud. i like the sound but it attracts way too much attention.

Lol, thanks for the complements mosqiton-ae8686, did u go any of the matsuris this year? I was at summer matsuri, freaking awesome man!

X_christ0n, dont worry bro, having a 4ac makes u appreciate the 4age when you get one!

X_christ0n

Mar 29, 2008
LiVerpool, NSW
i cant wait man because i never test drove a sprinter with a 4age i dont know what its likeeee =] im still tossing up betweein a silvertop or a small port

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
silvertop is the go if you can afford one, i didnt have the funds to stretch, but it is worth it if u dont want to have to change ur engine in 2 years cause ur bored of ur 16 valve.