Pro_k Motorsport - April special - $660 (Updated 12/4/10)

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hey Andrew - Hope your car is going well. Sure was a nice car :D

Red Coupe has been sold.

More cars to follow...

Richard

Dec 9, 2007
Central Coast
pro_k said:
Thanks Richard!

How's your one going?

Still putting a smile on your face I bet :D
Yeh its still awesome and only gettin better! fuck i wanted to smash it when i was puttin quads on it tho...actually it was more the mechanic.

sotiros860

Apr 11, 2008
Wollongong
pro_k said:
Hey Andrew - Hope your car is going well. Sure was a nice car :D

Red Coupe has been sold.

More cars to follow...
Yeah, car is going very well. Still slowly eating through my bank account. lol. Currently getting wider longchamps, re-flaring the rear guards, and just generally touching up the car.

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Just a quick update -

This car is available in Japan at the moment. Previously owned by a Toyota mechanic and in very good condition.

Has LSD
Mild cams with SAFC

Price $12K landed

As always I can source any spec AE86 from Japan.

Prices for AE86's are still high in Japan. While newer cars are coming down in price, hatchback Trueno's and Levin's are still quite expensive. Good ones are difficult to find.

Levin and Trueno coupes are easier to find and cheaper. If you have the extra money buy a Hatch as it will be worth more in the long term.

86Beers

Nov 5, 2006
Adelaide
Why do you say a hatch is better in the long term? I quite like the notchbacks :)

If that was owned by someone working at Toyota you can bet it will have been well looked after and properly serviced.

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Personal preference really.

I am going on basic economics of demand and supply. In Japan hatches are more in demand. Therefore harder to get, leading to higher prices. I am strictly talking about cars that are even worth inspecting. You can find rust buckets almost anywhere for any budget...Not my thing.

In Aus around 80 percent of orders I get are for Hatches. A clean hatch will always get you at least your money back.

As to the Toyota mechanic owning it - Yes I agree it would have been well looked after. My dealer friend trades in hard to get rare Japanese classics and is very honest in his dealings so I have no reason to doubt that he bought it from the mechanic, he speaks of.

86Beers said:
Why do you say a hatch is better in the long term? I quite like the notchbacks :)

If that was owned by someone working at Toyota you can bet it will have been well looked after and properly serviced.

sootie

Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle NSW
I had a vague interest in one with as many goodies as possible in a dodgy body so I can transplant it all into my adm stocker not sure if you get many like that but just thought I would put it out there

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Very difficult to get.

Shall let you know if something comes up.

Im not sure if it will be worth your while once you pay for shipping, duty and quanrantine.

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
1985 NOVEMBER LEVIN GT-APEX ($10,750)

Will have this car available in Japan soon.

If you like the car...$10,750 will have this car landed in Aus! Will need to move quick to get this.

It has a whole heap of mods inc quads, suspension, LSD and Apexi ECU

Also has Air con and power steer.

sootie

Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle NSW
pro_k said:
Very difficult to get.

Shall let you know if something comes up.

Im not sure if it will be worth your while once you pay for shipping, duty and quanrantine.
no worries mate I was pretty sure that would be the case cheers

8L1-T2M

Sep 12, 2007
will you be getting in any more similar price range to the one above for the new year have caught the bug again and want a very clean example willing to pay for it as well ;) let me know as im in sydney

shaun2

Oct 31, 2007
Port macquarie NSW
hey mate im looking for an ae86 trueno coupe want a clean example, i have a budget of about 12 to 13 k and am ready to purchase i have been told your the man to talk to can you help me out regards shaun do you have a contact number???

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hi Mate,

Let me know what you are looking for and I can find for you in Japan.

There have been some nice cars at auction in recent times.

I can find and import almost any model (eligible for import) of car from Japan.

Some cars available -

Chaser
Caldina
Skyline
Lancer EVO - 5 to 8
Supra
S15
Stagea
RX7
Civic - EP3
Cima
Elgrand
Cube
And anything from the RAWS list

vn_let569 said:
hey dude
interested in an 86 ill pm you details

pro_k

May 22, 2006
Melbourne
Hey Andy,

You are looking at around 19-20K landed complied inc my fee of $1000

If you want to comply yourself (through a RAWS workshop) take $2k off the above price.

This is for a genuine Grade 4 car with around 70,000 km's.

My cars are genuine mileage unlike many coming in.

Car will be thoroughly checked and 20-30 pics sent to you on the day of the Auction.

Cheers
Pramodh

Andy 86 said:
What sort of price range am I looking at for a evo 6 makkinen with average kms?