Pink Floyd

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
Copy pasta from Facebook:

Took it to B&R Brakes @ Castle Hill today, they gave it a good going over and it seems there are two problems. Had been having an issue with the car pulling to the left under harder braking, which it turns out was one of the callipers not releasing properly, which had also munched the pad. So we bought a couple of calliper kits and a new set of pads from them.

The issue with the lack of pedal, they suspect, is that the ball on the rod (not sure of the exact name of it) that goes into the master cylinder may be the wrong size (makes sense, since it was the same before and after the new master was installed). So we're gonna pull that apart on the weekend. Fingers crossed :)

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
Anybody know where I can buy some fuel hose that will fit on the return line? Even Pirtek said they don't do anything in that small of a size (1/8"??). Currently just have some fuel hose we got from a Lawnmower mob to keep us going but as mowers are only gravity fed the hose has no reinforcement meaning that once the pressure builds up they want to pop off the line...

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
Disregard, it was actually 3/8" we needed, which was sourced thanks to The Enforcer and his mates at Super Shite

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
So I've got a JDM 86 Tank on the way as well as a new starter motor as my one is at the end of its life.

Question though for anybody electrically/wiring minded:

My alternator, as far as I can tell, is charging my battery fine. I've daily driven the car for a few months now and haven't had any battery related drama. Car starts first time every time (except when the starter motor tries to give up :) ), I run the stereo, wipers, lights, whatever, everything works fine. BUT, the charge light is on constantly from the moment I turn the car on until the moment I turn the car off. What have I done wrong?

kungfu panda

Dec 22, 2010
townsville
adams on it like 2 of mine one of the altinator outputs to the dash switches the light of when charging but if its busted it still charges but does not signal to the dash best thing to do in this case other than replace is to get a volt meter that illuminates when dropping charge, works a treat :p

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
Remanufactured 1.4kW Denso Starter Motor and JDM Sprinter Fuel Tank/Pump are in, noisy 044 and dodgy old starter motor gone! Without the whine of the 044 I've found myself checking the tacho at idle just to make sure the engine is actually running :lol: