PETE'S 86 Goodness

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
over circulated fuel creates heat...hot fuel = less power...i know the system is now E85 safe but hhhmmm

when i did the maths i settled on a walbro 190lph as suiting my requirements...even on E85 that would still be overkill on my motor...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
i dont think its hipsterism old mate. there is a science about fuel delivery, its no black art. You have put together an awesome piece of kit, its all class :) BUT you will be circulating soooooo much fuel. the surge will cona\stantly be pouring fuel straight back into the pump, hence the heating comment.

So no changes to the engine for the e85 conversion?

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
without looking back over the pics and im sure you have it covered...but quite often with an over fueled fuel system the return line cant flow enough fuel, despite the fuel regulator doing its job you might find the injectors unable to control the flow into the motor and infact allowing more fuel than they should be...often of varying amounts into different cylinders and running abnormally rich and horrible...its not about recreating the wheel nor proving you wrong, its about sharing of information :) we're all ae86 brothers after all

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
without looking back over the pics and im sure you have it covered...but quite often with an over fueled fuel system the return line cant flow enough fuel, despite the fuel regulator doing its job you might find the injectors unable to control the flow into the motor and infact allowing more fuel than they should be...often of varying amounts into different cylinders and running abnormally rich and horrible...its not about recreating the wheel nor proving you wrong, its about sharing of information :) we're all ae86 brothers after all
throwing my 2c worth in, ive got a bosch 070 (basically a VL external pump) and have been strongly suggested to swap my camry/avalon/supra intank pump for a original 4ac pump so there isnt too much pressure in the tank and as lazy has said so its not recirculating fuel at a furious rate.

and the current camry/avalon/supra intank pump has had no issues with keeping up with fuel delivery.

ach_66

Nov 25, 2009
Newcastle-ish
Members Ride Thread has been far too stagnant lately. I reckon you should give us an update to resurrect the Forum Pete!

What's been goin on?! This thing ready to hit the black stuff again yet?

PETE

Jun 1, 2006
Newcastle
royaldrift.cjb.net
Hey Az and people, Things are getting there.had to take a job interstate so hard to get things done. engine getting the go over shouldnt be to much longer. new front bumper aswell:) soon ppl soon

PETE

Jun 1, 2006
Newcastle
royaldrift.cjb.net
small update,things have been quiet up until now.Spirits are still High in the Pete department

Quick release rear bar mounts

Removable panel that goes over the fuel pumps and fuel sender

Starting to look like the 86 I remember:)

PETE

Jun 1, 2006
Newcastle
royaldrift.cjb.net
cheers Justin. packing her up now for storage:(
I did the mattara hill climb earlier this month, first time in the seat in 12 months and a 1st in class and 10th outright from 75 cars. not bad when 7 cars in front were open wheelers:).