Otaku's AE86 Build-up

Ped Rac3r

May 29, 2010
New Zealand
Thats probably the neatest FWD setup you could do, otherwise go for the rwd stuff, really glad I did in the end. You can buy the rwd water pump from Toyota (comes with the back half too, no water neck though). And you can still get the rwd water pump pulley from Toyota too.

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
OK!

Water system is all redone, so it's all neat and Harley spec now. Took it for a test drive and still having a few little issues, but my god! Is it a different beast to my white AE86 :eek:

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
Seeing how its been 8 months since the last update here is whats happen to the red AE86.

After re-doing the water system I still couldn't get the engine to idle properly so just gave up for the 76th time and started focusing on the white AE86, which lead me into getting into tracks days where most of my time was being spent.

At the same time I brought fuel surge tanks for both cars but never got around to fitting them until a month ago, I fitted one on the red car and used a new external fuel pump I brought years ago but like with all things it just didnt work for some reason. So the car was back to collecting dust, after a trip to Japan I got my motivation back and fitted a new fuel pump and now she is back up and running again.

I've also changed the whole throttle body and she is idling fine now, all that's left is to put the interior back together (again) and finally get her register. So hopefully 2014 will be the year this car is on the road.

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
Well I spent most of the Christmas break cleaning up the garage as I was sick and tired of always looking for THAT part! So everything is organised and I can now focus on the cars

Took the car for a quick drive up and down the road to remind myself what needs to be done, found that my water temp and oil pressure gauges weren't working, so out came the cluster and started tampering around with. Oil pressure gauge's mechanics were totally screwed so swap it for one in a spare cluster I had, water temp just needed to be rewired.

Next I tidied up the fuel pump wiring as everything was soldered up together so I changed it all to plugs to easily unplug it all

And lastly I've decided to nickname the car Harley Quinn because of its black and red colour scheme :)

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
Moar wiring! My favourite thing in the whole wide world! :fap:

Thermo fans are done and hopefully thats the last of my wiring adventures.

Also theres something wrong with my 4age, it doesn't struggle to start, it idles perfectly at 1000rpm and the rev range is smooth as. Any suggestions how I can fuck it up so its normal?

photo.jpg