Ordered a new 86? Let us know the color/model/planned mods!

stitch

Jul 14, 2012
newcastle
who knows could be longer just going on what they said atm, im happy 2 wait tho, i kinda wanted the GTS but yea couldnt afford it and couldnt wait any more longer than what i already am and hey leave room 2 modify it abit more

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Considering the work I've seen on mates cars previously over the years...I sure wouldn't be taking any car near mrt let alone an 86
yeah this is very true of the cheaper "flash tune" stuff. had seen it very regularly when i was working at shannons.
if you spend the big bucks though, they do a fucking mint job though.

mrmcguffin

May 31, 2006
Sydney
I ordered mine in July and was told there was a 19 month waiting list.

It's a white GTS manual.
I planning on leaving it stock for a little while to enjoy it, but will most likely look into some small upgrades.

Just got a call this week though, saying that it could be ready by the end of Jan so that's pretty good news. the dealer told me that he expected to have the details for "track my toyota" early next month.

86HCHI

Dec 18, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi all,

My names Alan, I'm really happy about my delivery because I ordered exactly what I wanted and only waited a month! (November - 11th of December) Anyway, I ended up financing the car for 43k which is a little steep but I'm still satisfied with the overall performance and look of the car in person. Theres a downside, my car was scuffed by another BLACK car while I was at work 2 days ago and the person didn't leave a note :(

GT or GTS?: GTS
Which Colour?: Satin White Pearl
Manual or Auto?: 6AT
Any Factory Options?: Everything but the aero kit
What Are Your Planned Mods?:
Ordered:
- HKS intake
- Whiteline front brace
- Whiteline front and rear sways
- Custom arm rest

Future:
- Full exhaust system (keeping midpipe)
- Tein flex coilovers
- Enkei NT03-M 17x9 5x100 +48 or Work Emotions w/ similar setup
- TRD rear boot lip

thats all ive thought of so far.. :D

ahstwinail

Dec 14, 2012
Adelaide
Hi all,

My names Alan, I'm really happy about my delivery because I ordered exactly what I wanted and only waited a month! (November - 11th of December) Anyway, I ended up financing the car for 43k which is a little steep but I'm still satisfied with the overall performance and look of the car in person. Theres a downside, my car was scuffed by another BLACK car while I was at work 2 days ago and the person didn't leave a note :(

GT or GTS?: GTS
Which Colour?: Satin White Pearl
Manual or Auto?: 6AT
Any Factory Options?: Everything but the aero kit
What Are Your Planned Mods?:
Ordered:
- HKS intake
- Whiteline front brace
- Whiteline front and rear sways
- Custom arm rest

Future:
- Full exhaust system (keeping midpipe)
- Tein flex coilovers
- Enkei NT03-M 17x9 5x100 +48 or Work Emotions w/ similar setup
- TRD rear boot lip

thats all ive thought of so far.. :D
Sounds awesome dude. Sorry to hear about someone scuffing yo ride in public. They're just jealous they can't have one for themselves.
Mods-wise, you seem to have a good idea on what to get to start le 86 off especially with a full exhaust.

mrmcguffin

May 31, 2006
Sydney
Hey guys

I'm picking up my car this weekend.
To be honest I didn't think it would arrive this soon, but hey I'm not complaining.

I'm starting to look at the following mods.
Work Emotion CR Kiwami or maybe WedsSport TC 105N wheels
Jap coilovers (not sure which yet, still researching and open to suggestions)
Airraid cold air intake

Then later I'll start looking at exhaust and more stability bits.
I'll take some pics and post soon.