Ordered a new 86? Let us know the color/model/planned mods!

sho

Jun 19, 2012
Sydney
The dealer did advise me that my car will arrive end of June if I preorder that day (early March) and so I did but car wasn't built until this month (still says scheduled for production) and estimated 21 July for arrival via the website

m0nty, would this info be the same as what the stock control internal system has or will the info be more accurate?

m0nty

Jun 17, 2012
The dealer did advise me that my car will arrive end of June if I preorder that day (early March) and so I did but car wasn't built until this month (still says scheduled for production) and estimated 21 July for arrival via the website

m0nty, would this info be the same as what the stock control internal system has or will the info be more accurate?
The internal system is kinda like looking at the matrix. The info is more or less the same, just a little less user friendly.

On the internal system my car says November production. On the customer one it says on order with no ETA.

m0nty

Jun 17, 2012
That's crazy!
That's good. I got in before 8 other orders here.

Simple rule is 4 orders = one month. For every 4 orders per dealership the lead times extend by a month. We might get more allocations, but that's maybe 1 per dealership a month.

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Wow! Preorder now delivery next year...fark...wonder how long the queue will be mid-late next year when I'm likely to consider it...

Surely the huge demand was anticipated?

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
Somehow I don't believe that it was. We all knew Toyota would drop the ball in some way with this car. They've come through everywhere else,so I guess not building enough of them to keep up with demand makes a perverted kind of sense.

Justin...

m0nty

Jun 17, 2012
Somehow I don't believe that it was. We all knew Toyota would drop the ball in some way with this car. They've come through everywhere else,so I guess not building enough of them to keep up with demand makes a perverted kind of sense.

Justin...
Or, the demand is just too great. For the first 3 months it exceeded Japanese sales targets by 700%. You can't just build more in a 24 hour production facility. There literally aren't enough hours in the day.

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
the reality is probably a little of both. They didn't make enough stock ahead of the media hyped release date,and they'll now pay for it with lost sales from people not prepared to wait six months for one to arrive. They can't physically build enough now to keep up as you've said,and that can go two ways - it'll increase demand,as people like having stuff other people don't;or it'll lose them sales,as people don't like being told they can't have stuff when they want it.

It seems like a real fuckup to me for a company like Toyota to make. What sane person hypes the fuck out of their new model and promotes it as the best thing in over a decade for the company,then releases it and runs out of stock before they've even delivered the pre-orders? This isn't an I phone we're talking about,it's Toyota!
Why would you promote the thing for over a year and then only have a month's worth of them ready to go on the release date?

They got the car right,and the price right,but what difference do either of those make if you can't actually go in and drive out in one?

To a lot of buyers this car is the latest fad,and people don't wait around for an impulse purchase. If they can't have it now,they'll do something else instead. Only someone serious will wait. What's that mean to enthusaists? Nothing,as they'll be prepared to wait for their car to be built. What's it mean to everyone else? I guess I'll buy something else that's here already then....

Justin...

DanMac

Jun 21, 2012
Canberra
GT or GTS?: GTS
Which Colour?: Red
Manual or Auto?: Manual
What Are Your Planned Mods?: Eventually 5Axis bootlip spoiler to get things started!

Sept production :)

Oddworlds

Jul 8, 2012
Sydney
I bought lightening red GT manual! :) the only factory option I wanted was the satnav and audio which looks quite nice indeed!.

Mods:
TRD FRONT KIT
TRD STRUT BRACE
TRD GEAR KNOB
TRD DOOR STABILIZERS
BRONZE WORK EMOTION WHEELS
ISIS PERFORMANCE EXHAUST WITH MID PIPE

Thats pretty much it for now, I'm gonna wait for the market to pick up for engine mods but I'd like to be pushing 250 - 270hp at the wheels but I guess we will see!

I'll be lurking around here more often so it's nice to meet everyone :)

ae86sprinta

Jan 4, 2007
Benalla (5 mins from Winton)
Just ordered a Black GTS Manual.

Have moved the ae86 shell that i'm building up into dads shed and just need to get fuel to the red ae86 and get club reg on it and we are good to go.

It is an illness.

Will be doing TRD bits as soon as they release a price list.
Bodykit for sure others depend on price.
Wheels still undecided. something black and tough.

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Considering the work I've seen on mates cars previously over the years...I sure wouldn't be taking any car near mrt let alone an 86

stitch

Jul 14, 2012
newcastle
hey im new here WRIGHTY made me join :), ordered the new 86 last weekend
Model: GT
Colour: white pearl
Transmission: manual
Mods: coil overs, rims, stereo, upgrade bulbs, H.I.D.s headlights, interior, etc.
been told it should be here anytime from now to september.... im expecting sepemter

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Interesting that you ordered last week and told September...a mates old man ordered a red gts last week and was told 8 month wait...