Ordered a new 86? Let us know the color/model/planned mods!

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
After driving all kinds of models and transmissions I am interested to see what you lucky buyers are choosing. Before seeing them in the flesh I was dead-set on white, but the red and blue are seriously nice in person!

Unfortunately with my rather expensive restoration/upgrade on the AE86, I won't be getting one, but I'm sure there are heaps of you out there who are!

GT or GTS?:
Which Colour?:
Manual or Auto?:
Any Factory Options?:
What Are Your Planned Mods?:

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Just do it Garth :p we all know you want too...

Like most people the thoughts are floating around in my head...

I shall push ahead with the ae86 however and see how the next 12 months sees me financially...

Although I think I'd rock the blue if I bought one :)

GTV_86

Oct 4, 2006
sydney
Got to finish paying off the misus' feista then sell that off or trade it in for the gts hopefully by December I'll order one then :)

JP

Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane
I've got a silver GTS manual on order, will just be lowering it on some 17x8/17x9 rims and adding a small turbo setup running 5-8psi.

t-nol

May 2, 2011
Campbelltown
Was going to get white GTS, but now waiting to see if the TRD comes out at all, i'd spew if i got one then the TRD version was released. I know it's a fingers crossed that they do though.

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Toyota Australia will 100% NOT be bringing out the TRD version. I heard it from them with my very own ears. They will offers parts through dealerships, but not a model, at least in 2012 anyhow.

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Toyota Australia will 100% NOT be bringing out the TRD version. I heard it from them with my very own ears. They will offers parts through dealerships, but not a model, at least in 2012 anyhow.
i thought TRD parts werent going to be available from dealerships? or is that "the other forum rumor mill"

dangerfield

Jun 17, 2012
Sydney
I just joined the forum, someone over at ft86club mention this place so I figured i'd come hang out here as well ;D

I've got a dark grey 86 GTS coming either this week or next week. Dealer called me up today saying it has arrived in Australia and will be sent to the dealership soon. Words can't express how excited I am.. bwahaha.

First mods would have to be new set of wheels, give the taillights a red tint and also see what size subs I can fit in the limited boot space. Tempted to replace the side vents with the ones off a BRZ, they look much sexier than the toyota's one with the 86 badge.

Later on I'll look at getting a bunch of trd parts fitted including the body kit. Gotta save up some more cash up until then!

m0nty

Jun 17, 2012
GT or GTS?: GTS - Ordered last week. November build/December arrival.

Which Colour?: Storm Black

Manual or Auto?: Manual.

Any Factory Options?: Aero package

What Are Your Planned Mods?: Not alot at all.

Whatever 2B Supersprint rules allow for. This will be my daily to replace an SS. Wife has got a black 2012 Camry Atara SX as the baby chariot. This will occasionally chauffeur the little man around from time to time so ride has to be compliant. Might just end up with a set of 17" Advan RS wheels with AD08s, HKS Legamax exhaust, headers and intake. If any quality ECU reflashes come along I might explore that option.

I know the aero package is out of favour with most due to the large GT wing, but it really does look like they've tested this thing. The splitters look right and to be honest, it would be at odds with the entire car if it didn't improve downforce. Just look at the lip spoiler that reduces the drag coefficient from .29 to .27.

dangerfield

Jun 17, 2012
Sydney
Just got a call from my dealer this morning saying it arrived! Also sent me a pic of it straight off the truck :)

Excitement levels over 9000!

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
There are currently three 86's sitting in Northpoint Toyota in Adelaide,and all are unsold... I'm somewhat surprised by that.

Welcome to the forum Monty & Dangerfield! I look forward to seeing build threads for your cars soon!

Justin...

sho

Jun 19, 2012
Sydney
Hi All,

I got mine pre ordered and arriving in July so i'm quite excited :D

GT or GTS?: GTS
Which Colour?: White
Manual or Auto?: Manual
What Are Your Planned Mods?: TRD kit ordered to arrive a month after car

m0nty

Jun 17, 2012
Guys, I mentioned this on JDMST but will let you know too. I feel sick reading all these "here in July" posts from people who have ordered in the last couple of weeks.

Make sure you get a tracking number and "Track My Toyota" login details from your dealer. I have seen 9 separate instances now of promised early delivery turning into 6-8 month lead times.

Not saying you sho, just generally speaking.