Orange KE35 Coupe

BoxjumpBeau

Jun 4, 2012
Gold Coast
Hey Guys, First post on here so Ill say G'day to you all now and post some pictures of whats install for me for the next year.

Also a shout out for those who went on the 2004 AE86 cruise to Melbourne, I was only a whipper snapper at 13 years of age riding shot gun with my brother from Taree to Sydney then on to Melb, It was to this day the best weekend I've had. I remember it something like this. Cars, Beer, Girls, and a dude with a video camera and blue hair. Great guys!!

I knew very little about cars (not much has changed :D ) but I fell in love with old toyotas and although I haven't got an AE86 of my own, It is on the cards in the future after I rebuild my daily and turn it into a show car. Let the endless hours and $$$ be poured into what is to be my pride and joy.

Fire down some comments and suggestions. Im all ears whilst putting together a bit of a plan.

Here she is, right now on the road.

BoxjumpBeau

Jun 4, 2012
Gold Coast
At the moment Im chasing up so original interior bits and pieces, usual story on the inside for a 40 year old girl. Sun damage back seat and roof has a bit of minor damage. Once that's all sorted (only a couple months the parts are still around and people are happy selling them cheap) Im going to take her off the road and look at a new engine for it. I want it set up for a bit of track shit, but keep her road worthy...

Also depending on parts there are some issues with the body work. Need a new bonnet, that's close enough to RS. and a dodgy rust job on one front quarter panel before the respray.

Still looking at engines, for the ease of the conversion I was looking at a 4AG ZE. Had a little trouble finding one in good knick so far which is a bit of a killer because I do like the 4A's also been suggested to me a 3t/gte. Seen a couple done with the 3t since and they are monsters.

So still unsure but i get my bike in 2 weeks so i can take it off the road as long as i need. Or as long as i can stand not driving it because dam it is a fun car!

Haven't looked to much past the engine, its already had a bit of work before I got hold of it, when the original owner had it he put in coil overs and the fuel injected engine, also a decent brake upgrade and a new gear box, all was engineered too so I plan on keeping it that way with the work I do. Then its just hanging on to it for a weekender.

Dreams of a little show car but that's just a dream at this stage!

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
Gotta love the old coupes! My advice would be to decide what sort of style you want to go for,and then build it accordingly. My personal preference for one of these would be to go period-correct streeter,with old school 14's,and a twin sidedraft carby T series.

Whichever way you decide to go,I hope it includes removing your current wheels.

Justin...

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Also a shout out for those who went on the 2004 AE86 cruise to Melbourne, I was only a whipper snapper at 13 years of age riding shot gun with my brother from Taree to Sydney then on to Melb, It was to this day the best weekend I've had. I remember it something like this. Cars, Beer, Girls, and a dude with a video camera and blue hair. Great guys!!
I think you mean 2005? :D Hey mate!

BoxjumpBeau

Jun 4, 2012
Gold Coast
Stand corrected, 2005 it was. Photos dont lie. :)

Glad to see your still at it Garth!

And as for those chrome wheels they are gone as of next week, getting new rubber on some jelly beans I picked up, will look alot more original, and a mile less toolish!