oil pressure and temp sensor locations

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
hey guys, i dont have my car on me as its getting tuned at the moment. So i'd like know where i can wire my electric oil pressure and temps to. i've got a oil sandwhich plate and relocator but neither have holes for the temp or pressure. do i have to buy another sandwhich plate for me to able to use the gauges or is there another way

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
There is a stock pressure sender next to oil filter location.
You will need to run a t piece for both sensors.

Iv seen a bad photo of somone who ran a t piece in the block and it shered off with the weight of the 2 sensors.
I would mount the 2 sensors and the t piece in another location and get a flexible hose made up from the block

Bluesprinter

Aug 25, 2008
Sydney
what gauge do you have?

My Shadow Pro oil pressure came with a new sensor and was a direct bolt-on to the 4age. does your one have a senor for the gauge? what does the sensor plug look like?

oil temp would be the same as water temp, the sensor just needs to touch oil to give a reading so i guess you can drill in a hole into your sandwich plate and then tap threads into the drilled hole using "John's" thread taping kit.. just make sure there is a thread bit with same offset thread as your oil temp sensor

or just buy universal sandwich plate with holes lol

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
You could possibly get your existing plate drilled and tapped. Any small engineering shop could do that for you for minimal outlay and investment.

If you're running aftermarket gauges,I'd suggest pulling the factory sensor out,and sticking your aftermarket pressure sensor straight intoit's spot - the main oil feed gallery. Temp can go anywhere. I don't recommend T pieces,they are too easy to knock and damage.

Justin...

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
kool, well im running an aftermarket ecu, is it a good idea to take the plugs off the sensors? but anywho its all sorted, i've not got a greddy sandwhich plate with the bibs n bobs