new adventure time....

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
hi guys.

here is a start to the new adventure the nopics and i are embarking on.

75 acres 25 minutes from Launceston.

a VERY genrously described "cottage" :)

Its all recently built, but the construction is only half way through. We need to finalise the wiring and insulation, then sheet.

Outside will most likely be crazy rocked over.

this is from the front gate.... sort off. The property is about 2 km from the main road, behind a big hill. the old train lines that havnt been in use since the 70's run across the front and back of the block. This pic was taken from where the driveway crosses the rail.

The back yard :)

About 35 acres of the property is forestry plantation, has about 8 years till it is cut, but it provides a little bit of coin while it grows lol.

This is the driveway into the block,

runs through another farm around the hill.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&biw=1920&bih=890&q=21 butlers road lebrina&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

there is a small river running through the back of the block, hopefully learn to get my fishing on :)

Have to decide on power, as there isnt any to the block. Mains was quopted at $56000, so we are looking at wind and solar. about $40000 when finished.

Shed will run on a generator for the most part, have a 9x12 slab with posted roof being built when we get there. The plan is to straw bale the walls etc on the shed for insulation, and practice. Eventually we want to build a bigger house, strawbale construction etc etc. Till then i need to practice on the shed, a cottage for the mrs to study in, and a fishing shack down at the river :)

The shack is VERY small, but there is only the no pics and i, and at the end of the game, we have a mortgage that we should be able to nail in 2 years :)

Most importantly, when the zombies attack, we are soo far from the main road, they wont even know we are there :) Also plenty of mtb riding and just general fun things about life available to us there that we dont have hear in brissy.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah.... we can only cut old growth trees, not the forestry stuff.... so rally will prolly wait for a while. but the mtb will be getting a workout.

the bedroom windown looks out to mt arthur.... had snow a couple of weeks ago lol.

we have no idea WHAT we are getting ourselves into, but soooo looking forward to it.

eanen has already been booked in for a targa road trip.... :)

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
win! wish i was going would love to live there

exept for the dirt driveway/roads car would alway be dirty

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah the road in is a bit of a stiking point lol

need a 4x4 to get in when its wet..... and at the moment it is nothing more than a cow track lol...

soooo looking forward to getting under way

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
well the cars are coming with me, and the dogs.... and the better half :p

but essentially yeah....

will leave with as little as possible, land fresh with a pocket full of cash and start new.

also anyone with hookups on transporting cars ........

cough lazy cough

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
sootie said:
Tim.duncan said:
meh who needs the internet with a back yard like that!!!
i wouldent even have a tv if i lived there
what do you do when its dark?
sit in front of a fire, read a book, enjoy the silence, work on a car, make a knife, make love, make an awesome meal, lie on the lawn and look at the stars for a few hours, play a board game, not always in that order
so many things to do other than vaage out infront of a screen

all of which is 10 times better than watching tv or sitting on the net wasting our lives doing nothing.