my welding adventures, lessons and failures :D

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
Pretty much Justin....

But not quite that cutthroat. I was given in total about 18 hours over 4 ish days to practice this. I've never done tube welds with wire, and really only ever done 4bor 5 fizz tube welds before, so its a case of go ya hardest till the supervisor is happy then sit the test.

I do imagine if you just couldn't get it, it would severly limit your career chances with this company as its about 85% of our work load lol.

kungfu panda

Dec 22, 2010
townsville
Lol i know how you feel man i did a steam line a while back it was a 200nb sh10 with a weld neck flange and but weld the other lads bailed on it being stainless so i put in for it then i got to the job and yea pressure was an understatement it had to be purged from inside the pipe with a huge bung and a fuckload of tape i had a 10hr shift to weld it out before xray and i was only aloud 1 attempt then to make matters worse iwas told it was a 15000kpa plant steam line and had to be turned on that night at a cost of 8million every day of line.... Thank fuck fuck i was in game mode i was propperly shitting fullsize elaphants all day and night! !!!!

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
righto ben, this thread is dead while im off work with epilepsy lol.... so its up to you and those broad shoulders to hold up the fabrication section!!!!! get the fuck in here with some pics of awesomesauce!!!!!!

Also, got the word back from work re my weld test.... :D they are given 3 designations. Fail, which is fairly obvious lol, Defect Free, which is basically a perfect weld, and meets criteria, which is a bit dodgy, but passes by the skin of your teeth.

Old big daddy here managed to nail the Defect Free...awwwwwwwww yeahhhhhh boi!

medan

Nov 10, 2006
western sydney
Awesome thread!

Cant wait to see the next adventures :)

I got some 10mm plate cut up today for my new welding bench, so I can finally have a decent play at home.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
Haha yeah between my shit phone reception and, well my shit phone reception, I have got together about 70 so far..... Hosting them now, will start epic pic dump when they are all up :D work looks off tap mate :D hachi and roku are well awesome!

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
still gor a bunch to do bro, things just been hectic as trying to sort houses and realestate agents an shit man....

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
lol....

in other knews, im yet to pic up a welder realy since the epilepy.

Bumming me out a bit. There isnt huge amounts of work on right now, but its been 3 months since ive wailed a wand round :(

pity party,

in my pants.