Moving Back To Japan

Adrian

Apr 16, 2007
Chigasaki Japan
Yep Otaku's right. They can only be imported under Race/Rally Import Scheme which requires to have a CAMS license, a history of competition, and closed course use only. Sucks ay. Can't even import a fully car as a parts car anymore if it was manufactured after 89

Adrian

Apr 16, 2007
Chigasaki Japan
Not for too much longer it seems. With ford ceasing production in Aus in 2016 things could see a huge change. Holden and Toyota could well follow suit with rising labour costs. Super going up is going to hurt a lot of business. The unions are effectively fight hard to lose people jobs by constantly pushing wages etc up.

Apr 5, 2006
Kanto | Japan
Finance here looks hardcore. I don't know anyone in finance in Australia. I'm guessing it's also full on there too. After being here a while, I can now understand why the suicidal rates are as high as they are.

Adrian

Apr 16, 2007
Chigasaki Japan
Yeah it's certainly different here business wise. The biggest difference is how linear everything. Very little out-of-the-box thinking. We've heard a lot of "narahodone", Japanese for "I didn't think of that", which is usually followed by "no one has done it like that before so ah, it can't be done".
When I worked in Tokyo some 10 years ago one guy would be late 2-3 times a week. He caught the Chou-sen train through the centre of Tokyo. We dubbed it the Suicide-sen.