Monthly meet up guys?

Newbien

Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
more meets etc definately need to start happening...especially seeing as im finally back on the road

im sure we can get something happening...cant we?

RIPP3R

Jul 28, 2009
so you say all cars are welcome.. i only have a 93 corolla but i got a 32 that i wouldnt mind bringing along or is this a im toyota i hate nissans type of view that every site seems to have. i really dont get the pointless hate between car clubs.. and yes it IS POINTLESS

RIPP3R

Jul 28, 2009
i aint spreading hate geez im checking whether im welcome or not.. good to see i am.. dont care what type of cars i cruise with as long as its a pack.. sorry if it sounded that way

Andy 86

Jun 12, 2006
Adelaide, SA
there are loads of us out there we just hide in the shadows and avoid defects...

but in all seriousness i think we should arrange a monthly do of some description, even if it isn't a drive maybe just a catchup at the pub or something.

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
i have owned my 86 now for well over a year and the sa section has been dead the whole time! i think it would be a good idea for something monthly. maybe some go kart action to kick it off?

Aug 14, 2007
Bergen - Norway
www.rad-GTV-ski.com
Your biggest challenge with organising an event/meet will be getting everyone to be in one place at one time. Say 20 people say they are keen, maybe 10 say they can make it (due to work, other commitments, laziness) and 5 might actually show up. It's hard but not impossible to schedule things and accomodate everyone, but I still live in hope it can be done!

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
Im keen for some regular catch up/ few beers n yeah would be good.

I think it could be motivating too, which is something i definately need :lol:

Andy 86

Jun 12, 2006
Adelaide, SA
all we need to do is have something happen regularly enough for it to become routine, and then because we are all male we just end up doing it out of habit :lol:

there are a lot of guys on 'that other website' that don't come on here because having to browse more than one site for activities is waaay to hard.

but if there was a regular meet up that everyone can learn of, then word will spread and bandits will come out of nowhere

Andy 86

Jun 12, 2006
Adelaide, SA
I think we should have a monthly pub meetup, say on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and then every 3 months have a BBQ/cruise or something that way we can have some variety

Andy 86

Jun 12, 2006
Adelaide, SA
Some proposed dates

Febuary 14th

March 14th BBQ/cruise

April 11th

May 5th

June 13th BBQ/cruise

July 11th

August 8th

September 12th BBQ/Cruise

October 10th

November 14th

December 12th BBQ/Cruise

Normal meets will be at the alehouse at say 12pm

I need some suggestions for the cruises. do we keep the same format at belair nat park? i thought that worked quite well, or should we move the location around?

let me know what you think :D