Mallala practice days

86Beers

Nov 5, 2006
Adelaide
Has anyone been to one of these?
I got told by my neighbour they are shit because there too many tools and you get very little track time, but if they are actually worth going to how about a group of us going?

There is a practice day on the 23rd of this month which also has a drift prac session in the evening and one next month on the 14th.

chapl

Jun 14, 2006
souff aus
correct

there is one on the 23rd..
the rest of year dates are..
18th august
15th september

G1 is on 22nd july
also 6th october

check www.mallala.com for full details on everything..

also.. who ever told you track days are wak out at mallala, they are wak..i bet they havnt even been on track....
its the best fun out there.. and plenty of laps...

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
practice days are awesome

if your a pretty average drifter like myself, you wouldnt get much track time at a competition because you wouldnt qualify. Therefore a practice day is the best chance to get track time.

There are lots of people these days, but i find that towards the end of the night the turbo cars run out of fuel/tyres and you get more consistent laps then, i remember one time it was just me and joel on the track for ages! and i rekon i got at least 50 laps that night... well worth it imo.

86Beers

Nov 5, 2006
Adelaide

50 laps!?! :shock:
Now that is good!!!!

I went to a supersprint a few weeks back and I got about 18 laps in total, which I thought was quite a few. It was my first time on the track but i'm hooked now and I want to go back as soon as possible, but i'm not into drift. My neighbour was going on about the grip sessions and saying they were shit because of the very limited time and congestion....
but I think if i am not working on saturday i'll head down anyway. I'll take a pair of old rims and tyres just incase i get inclined to stay fo the drift session iun the evening. I already have my cams license so i might as well give it a go!

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
hmm 50 laps? maybe it was less i cant really remember, it felt like heeaps though.

more recently though there are more ppl still on the track at the end.