Jims turbo fuel injected taco rocket

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Thought i better use the ke70 section for my ride as i recently sold the old faithful red ae86 and for a year and abit now have been working on my track only mobile. Bought it for the handsome sum of $350 minus engine and gearbox (bonus).Also came with ae86 crossmember (double bonus).

Then sanded it back, painted it up, removed the sound deadning and installed a rollcage.

Then fitted seat, fuel system, interior, engine and driveline(Bigport 4agze, Tdo4 wrx turbo, Niteparts bellhousing, w55 gearbox, custom 1 piece tailshaft and Tarago f series diff with modded mounts.

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Cheers guys with a bit of luck it will be complete in 2 months. As for the 4agte i think its for the best :twisted:

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
So finally finished all i can do and soon off to the autoelectrician to wire the pig up and then off to the tuner.The engine bay complete.

The exaust model

The exaust

And on the car

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
"keep your distance chewie."

"Just dont look like your keeping your distance"

"raghghahahaaaaaaaaa"

"i dont know..... fly casual!"

awesome car man!

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Yeah bud, had to cut the bend off the exaust that pokes under the door as i could not load it onto the trailer. So now the exaust just shoots straight onto the ground about a meter off the dump.
Also has finaly been wired up with a Adaptronic e420 and is now awaiting a dyno tune and wheel alignment and then happy days.

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
So the car has been dynoed and

Pretty happy with the result just need to get it wheel aligned do a few bits and pieces to make sure everything is secure.
So loud.

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Cheers guys, i'm pretty happy with the result as i'm after a little more reliability rather than flat out power. I wanna do at least 5 track days before shit starts breaking. I think boost is arond 12psi.

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Went down to Wakefield on Tuesday to test drive the beast, it was about 4'c all day but the sun was shining.There was about 10 cars in total from about 11 to 3, so plentyof track time. Had about 12 laps of hard driving and the carrier bearing packed it in so shifting is smash and crunch style. So back up on the stands and back out with the box. Realy hope ther is no permanent dammage. On the up side the car handles very well and the engine is very responsive, almost like a supercharged ze.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
how fucken good are open days!

last time i went down it pissed down with rain, i was the fastest car out as all the other cars were turbo nissans and rx7s who couldnt put the power down.
awesome fun!

James Small

Jun 4, 2006
Sydney
Xero, man i could not believe how empty it was. If the rolla was working properly we would have had about 2-3 hours actual track time as only about 7 of us were getting out there. Will probs head back down in a month if anyone is keen.