HR Monthly Meet Up! Ideas, suggestions and discussions

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
It's no surprise that there are less and less on the road,or at least,not many in running condition. They're old enough to need major work quite often,and most of the kids that buy them aren't up to it for one reason or another. I'm just as guilty,my own car hasn't seen the road in nearly a decade!

A combined AE86/KE70 day sometime later this year would be great. I'd likely be up for that.

Justin...

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
as you say there are either kids who cant afford to fix them up or us old farts who are doing a proper rebuild on the whole car, would probably be the main reasons they are not on the road much...

well justin, keep some space in your diary open later in the year around oct/nov for the annual.

evil86

Apr 25, 2007
Liverpool
sweet, should be good with most of the sydney siders having their cars up and running. hope there is a sunday track day

2many2s

May 5, 2012
Penrith
Just joined up on here as I have some AE86 parts to get rid of . I am a member of Toymods also. I own a 89 AW11 SC and the other Adub guys get together for a few random meets . I am sure any AE86s would be most welcome to join us at any. Maybe open your run/meet days up to the Adub guys also? I think we would all have similar driving ideals other than Drifting.

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
I personally would be quite happy to have a few AW11's along. Old school is my thing these days,so the more the merrier,particularly if we're talking track day.

Justin...

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
2many2s you would probably know "TRDEE", "HARREH", "WISO", "TOBEDOG" from toymods.
im always hanging out and chatting with those goons so yeah if you want to join us or vice versa no probs mate.

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
we should totally do another swap meet. the last one was awesome :toocool::like:

BastiaanOlij

Jan 9, 2008
Sydney
www.basenlily.nl
Hey Xero,

We should expand our movie night one of these days and turn it into a hachiroku night? Might even be able to contact the cinema and see if we can get some group discount? Have a bit of a drive then end up at the theatre.

James86GT

Aug 28, 2012
Sydney
Howdy,

Just a quick intro, My name is James and I've recently taken delivery of my brand new 86. I ran into a bloke on Saturday night in North Parramatta who suggested I sign up here. He mentioned you guys have an annual cruise coming up soon and looking through here that seems to be fairly accurate. I would definitely be keen to come along and meet some of you lads and check out the AE86's getting around these days. I haven't owned one myself so I really want to see what people are doing with them these days.

Are there any solid plans for an up coming cruise at all?

Iain

Nov 5, 2006
Campbelltown
any updates on a location? I reckon it should be at the cafe by the river in the natio plenty of parking and some food to eat as well plus its the natio.

Iain

Nov 5, 2006
Campbelltown
Actually I would prefer a weekly meet up (like a proper car club) somewhere central in Sydney.

I know not everyone could make it every week but at Least it gives the opportunity for everyone to try unlike a monthly meet where if you don't make it you have to wait another 30 days

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
When I was a member of the NSCC,they used to have a weekly coffee meet at an all night cafe. Plenty of parking at the door most nights,and a relaxed atmosphere. Mostly we just sat around and talked crap for a couple of hours,then went home. If ay of the boys wanted to go for a drive, they'd meet up and hang around for a bit,then head off,it was a good atmosphere.

Weekly,monthly,doesn't bother me.

Justin...

Iain

Nov 5, 2006
Campbelltown
When I was a member of the NSCC,they used to have a weekly coffee meet at an all night cafe. Plenty of parking at the door most nights,and a relaxed atmosphere. Mostly we just sat around and talked crap for a couple of hours,then went home. If ay of the boys wanted to go for a drive, they'd meet up and hang around for a bit,then head off,it was a good atmosphere.

Weekly,monthly,doesn't bother me.

Justin...
that exactly what I would love to happen here. I hate the whole concept of EOMM's to me they always feel awkward and antisocial.

end the lonely drivers club lol