Sydney, Australia
====================
AE86 Annual Meet 2006 [SYDNEY :: December 9th-10th]
====================
AE86 All-Australian meet #3
DATE: 09-12-2006 to 10-12-2006
HOST CITY: Sydney, NEW SOUTH WALES
MEET LOCATION: Garie Beach, Royal National Park. Bundeena
TOTAL CARS: 26 @ bbq | 31 (over entire weekend)

Below is the unedited version of this initial first post

This meet will include;

-The Largest gathering of AE86s in Australia's History.
-An ALL-DAY DRIFT/GRIP Track day @ Wakefield.
-A Tourist Touge Tour (Some fine Touge action!)
-An Official hachiroku.com.au BBQ/Photoday/Meet with Official Merchandise. Awards of sometype will also be handed out.
-A few social night outings to various Sydney Pubs/Restaurants.
-A whole lot of general hachi-roku madness!!

OFFICIAL ITENERY as of 01/11/06
08TH FRI | 800PM We are all meeting at Wakefield. Refer to your State threads for info!
09TH SAT | 800AM Wakefield DRIFT/GRIP ATTACK Begins! Organised under IDA [$150 see below.]
09TH SAT | 700PM Arrive back in Sydney
09TH SAT | 830PM Night/Outing (A Touge run on the way to dinner/drinks @ [TBA])
10TH SUN | 1100AM Official Gathering/BBQ/Photo Opportunity Comvoys Leave. Read "Meet location" details above.
10TH SUN | 200PM Touge Tourist Tour. Route is a secret -->
10TH SUN | 630PM Arrive at Dinner/Drinks @ Como Pub
COST [TRAVEL] BREAKDOWN as of 14/09/06
$$$$ | Petrol. I wont lie this is going to be expensive!
$$$$ | 3/4 Nights Accomodation depending what YOU plan to do. www.formule1.com.au
$$$$ | Associated Food/Drinks/Outing Money
$60.00 | A CB if you dont have one (100% required)
$11.00 | Entry into the national park for one of touge runs might require a fee.
More information on Travel and Accomodation:
-Id reccommend F1 Motels as a cheap place to stay www.formule1.com.au check out their website to get an idea of pricing.
-Rather, If you know someone in Sydney to stay with organise that asap.
As far as which F1 Motel you should stay at.
-"TEMPE" (15min CBD) is the cloesest to the city.

COST [WAKEFIELD TRACKDAY] BREAKDOWN as of 04/10/06
$150.00 PREEBOOK not including Wakefield license!
$110.00 for an IDA member with a current CAMS or Wakefeild licence(yet to be confirmed)
www.initialdrift.com.au
More information on the Wakefield Trackday:
-There will be equal amounts of Grip and Drift Sessions.
-Timing for grip sessions will cost extra, but will probably happen (hence sometype of time-attack competition)
-A Drift competition would only consist of judged single passes.
-We have a 2week window in November where all payments and entries must be finalised (2weeks before regular IDA punters are allowed to enter). So start saving.
-The day is capped to 40cars, lets try and fill this up.

TRACKDAY | MAKING PAYMENT!
$150 for drivers

The $150 doesnt include the fee for a Wakefield license you can ONLY pay for that on the day. Unless your an IDA member and have a CAMS licence you should contact and organise booking with us and IDA.

WAKEFIELD INFO

AE86 FESTIVAL, DRIFT AND GRIP DAY AT WAKEFIELD PARK - 9th DECEMBER 2006
Goulburn NSW.

Here's the final IDA event for the year, incorporating not only the usual drift and grip sessions, but is also the official track day of the annual AE86 owners' meeting! The day will be split into 20-minute sessions to give drift and grip drivers plenty of track time, all day. Entry to the day gives all drivers access to all sessions, so you can drive all day if you could handle it!

FOR DRIFTERS: The usual extended Wakefield layout will be used, so apart from the armco section of the front straight, the entire circuit is open for drift! No passengers allowed at all.

FOR GRIP DRIVERS: Feel free to enter any sessions you like, and that includes drifting if you feel like getting sideways!
Transponders will be available for lap timing. Grip drivers who pre-register will be able to use a timing transponder free of charge, otherwise, the rental fee is $15.
There will be informal award trophies for the fastest lap times for the following classes: NA Sprinter, Forced Induction Sprinter, and Fastest Lap Overall.
Most sessions will be timed, but some will be untimed for driver training purposes - this means if you have signed on as a driver, you can also ride passenger with your mate in the untimed sessions.

FOR AE86 DRIVERS: Drive in anything you like, and we also have a cruise session at lunch (strict 40km/h speed limit!) so everyone can get out on the track at once with your mates for a photo opportunity.

0800 Gates Open
0800 Scrutineering & Sign-on
0845 COMPULSORY Driver Briefing
0900 Grip Session (Untimed) [20 minutes]
0920 Drift Session [20 minutes]
0940 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1000 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1020 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1040 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1100 Grip Session (Untimed) [20 minutes]
1120 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1140 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1200 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1220 Grip Session (AE86 cruise session) [40 minutes]
1300 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1320 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1340 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1400 Grip Session (Untimed) [20 minutes]
1420 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1440 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1500 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1520 Grip Session (Time Attack) [20 minutes]
1540 Drift Session [20 minutes]
1600 Grip Session (Time Attack) [15 minutes]
1615 Drift Session [15 minutes]
1630 End Track Activity

PRICES:
Event Entry: $150 per driver - includes entry to every track session.
Gate Entry / Spectators: $20
Transponders: Free to prepaid drivers, $15 if you pay on the day.

WHAT YOU NEED:
If you have an appropriate CAMS or AASA licence, Wakefield will honour it, but if you don't, you'll need to purchase a yearly Wakefield licence, available on the day for about $40. Don't forget your helmet and long sleeves as well. Read the entry form for more details on requirements.

PRE-ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THURSDAY 7TH DECEMBER, AS THE PAYMENT MUST HAVE 24 HOURS TO CLEAR BEFORE YOUR REGISTRATION IS SECURED. IF YOU DON'T MANAGE TO PRE-REGISTER, YOU CAN TURN UP ON THE DAY AND STILL ENTER.

IF THE DAY BOOKS OUT, THERE WILL BE NOTIFICATION HERE. AS OF NOW, ENTRIES ARE STILL OPEN.

- Alexi, Pete & James

*note; this post has been edited from its original 'what should we do this year?' so a lot of the posts directly after it are in reply to that original question. 7/12

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
Im keen as always, except may be doing body and motor work at the time and then i wouldnt be coming.

The drift event does look basically non-existant, and ur right garth, its less headfuck and more fun to organise our own things.

Im keen for GOR run!!

And on the subject of magazine coverage, when will there be the report of AE86 meet 2005?!

Skein

May 4, 2006
Adelaide SA
Daaaaaaaaaamn I'd love to come to this again... Might be cutting it close though, heading to Ireland for a month mid December. Will have to wait and see how my saving goes and when final dates are.

bathurst-91

Feb 27, 2006
sydney.nsw.au
Has anyone been watching that show on SBS or was it ABC? about the 5 guys that are re-enacting a roadtrip that happened 80years ago? Peking to Paris.. and theyre using the same 80yearold cars.. Its a total nightmare the crap theyre going thru like being in countries they cant speak the language and having to organise a boat to take their cars across a lake. Or being in the middle of nowhere and snapping a propeller shaft!

Made me thinkback to the Sydney convoy to Melb ;)So why couldnt we do the same thing with hachis? Peking to Paris anyone? :p I was talking to Nye this w/e and I dreamt up an idea... the 2006 convoy will be to Japan upon where we attend a 32hr straight driftday, buy a hachi between us and camp out at the track and take turns abusing it. :p

Haha. Ok back to the reality inwhere we have nor the time or money to achieve such a journey.. but probably will oneday when were all in our 50's haha.

Anyways all that aside there is NO drift event in Melb in December as far as im aware so that counts that out anyway... Melbourne again?? Why not I guess. The other option is Brissy or Adelaide but I dunno, most of my hachi mates are melbournites... theres the awesome roads to be had on the way there and ofcourse its closest...

Dai 86

May 22, 2006
adelaide
hmm i should be up for this....so any one got any ideas on how much the last trip cost?? and how much fuel ended up being there and back?

Dimitri

May 17, 2006
Brisbane
we will try to make it happen but there needs to be more than just the cruise to make it worthwhile to come so far..

a track day would be good. with enough entrants would it not be viable to hire the track for an afternoon? i know there is alot more to it than that but yeah..

maybe i will try to get Shane and Sam, Ant and myself psyced. also Brett is going to try to get his car registered in the very near future.. :!: :!: :!:

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
dimitri, if the brissie boys make a decent appearance it would change the no-show of the last few years, not that its not warranted... 2000kms is a long fucking way, but mumblezz pauly did it :D

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
i'll be attending with the reworked monster also, should be ready by nov, if i decide to come home that is, missed the first 2 so wann make this one....

toyoda

May 24, 2006
Melbourne
melb peeps will diffinatly be up for it, as always im sure the chad,jezza,ben and myself will be more then willing to help with n e orginiasing u need done down in melb

bathurst-91

Feb 27, 2006
sydney.nsw.au
I actually think the last 2 years meetings werentinvolving enough... you dont have the time to talk to everyone.. i guess it will be different this year with no drift event to attend.

I vote for new location in melb thistime... that park is getting old =p

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Can i ask "WHY MELBOURNE"

If the last one was there, why another one.

Im sure all the sydney hachi would love to touge in their own backyard against foreigners.

Justa thought.

And also because sydney is in the middle

QLD AND VIC could both attend easily.

Seems easier to me.

Steve

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
steve, what about adelaide, they present 10-20 cars every year!
i cant see the qld crew doing that as much (no offence qld guys but theres just not enought of you 'committed' drivers :( )

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
oi! i take offense at that, theres PLENTY of commited hachi drivers in QLD 90% of them never go near the net however, they are too busy DRIVING...... i know if it was sydney i could organise at LEAST 10 cars for a road trip.......

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
hehe i knew id get you fired up joshy
hehe baited well!

yes i hear you on the sydney thing
but WHERE will be go driving? wakefield is an option of you can book the day.

that would be V cool

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
pfftf what abouta run through the bells line out to lithgow for lunch, then back through katoomba? plenty of nice spots along the way and nice scenery/ driving as well........

Status
Not open for further replies.