Help, need a rwc!!!

quoccy

Oct 19, 2006
Melbourne
bought a 86 a few weeks ago
been around to a few of the mechanics around my area (footscray)
and no one seems to want to do an inspection on my car because its "modified"

mods are exhaust, j blood front bar and rims

besides that car is stock standard

I'm not after a dodgy rwc, just some place lenient

if anyone knows a place please pm me

thanks

intense

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
Glen Waverly Auto Center. I trust them to do anything on my car if I can't do it myself. One of my mates used to work there too so I know the place isn't dodge. They have competetive prices too and handle a lot of modified cars

Tori86

Aug 25, 2007
Melbourne
a place called thang auto near highpoint, same street as highpoint mufflers. near caltex station... should be able to do it... within a week this is pretty late notice you might be lucky to get it wednesday next week.
He rwc'd my ride when it first came here.

Top bloke. and very reasonable repair prices in the event somethings wrong with your car.

AE86slut

Mar 30, 2006
Sydney
Thanks Tori! Got it all sorted now anyways, but good for future reference. Do you reckon that guy at Thang Auto would be slightly lenient towards un-boxed quads and fibreglass front guards? Everything else on the car is above board and/or brand new.

Cheers,

Tori86

Aug 25, 2007
Melbourne
i think the guards will be fine.. as long as its painted they don't really check that panel stuff when it goes to rwc, they are more interested in how it runs and how it drives.

your exposed quads might be an issue, just put socks on it. for now and see how you go. show them the engine first if your skeptical about it, im not too sure.