Heater removal

hachirokuGTV

Feb 13, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
I thought I should ask before I rip in to it....
I want to remove the heater but i still want the blower. I never use it and want a cleaner engine bay/run part of the engine loom through the heater in/out holes in the firewall. And with 20v in there isn't much space for the heater stuff in the engine bay.
Do I just remove the core or can more come out without disrupting the blower function?
Do I need to blank off the hole in the heater box where the heater core comes out?

Cheers!
Martyn

hachirokuGTV

Feb 13, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah, but I figure there should be enough space to fit the loom through and then reinstall the box. I was more wondering if the hole left by the heater core in the box would need to be sealed up or can be left open without affecting the blower. I guessing i would need to block it up.

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
yeah i reckon you would need to block it off, or else air will cost be blowing out from the back

Sam_Q

May 26, 2006
S.E suberbs of vic
What do you mean there isn't much room for a heater? did you do a crude install?

The core can be removed without issue, infact your blower will probably work better.

hachirokuGTV

Feb 13, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
No Sam not a crude install, Infact I'm using your entire conversion kit. Problem is the heater pipe is so close to the dizzy blanking cover that the hose is touching and the heater tap hose fouls on the vacuum hose off the manifold to the iscv. I just can't be bothered with a heater for all the trouble involved. And Jim621, do not need heater. I don't know what rules you have over there but in NZ you don't get defected for no heater.