Headlight low beam not working

Julz01

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yo guys

my low beams have been on the blink the last week, they would work and then not but when I flicked my highbeams on they would work again, Ive changed the fuses and tried different lights but Im just wondering if it could be the headlight relay. They are now not working at all, the dash lights and parkers are so ruled out the actual switch being the problew

I was working today so couldnt go to any other auto joints cause supercheap doesnt have them but a mate went and he got told to go to toyota to get it, Called them up and they said $50 for a new headlight relay.

Would I able to get one off another car with the same pins and just use that or do I have to get it from toyota and hope that its the problem.

any infor would be helpful

thanks

Dimitri

May 17, 2006
Brisbane
dry solder joints in the switch usually... or could be broken column swtich gear. ive damaged one before messging around with it pull it over the steering shaft (didnt realize at that stage you could just unplug it at the column)

otherwise, if it is the relay, then yeah i think youll find there will be a bunch of similar vintage toyotas that will use the same one, lots of parts like that are shared, even down to ecu plugs ect, so i think its a safe bet something like an sv21 camry will have the same relay, maybe a different colour but will work the same.

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Like dimitri stated its the switch.

Pull apart the cluster area and take out the headlight switch. Clean inside the box where the wires disconnect from the loom.

Some people say too resolder all the joins but i never did, mine was pretty dirty inside thou.

I wish i took pics when i did mine. Seen this question heaps of times.

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
$50 for a toyota headlight relay, you should buy 50 of them at that price.

Last time i checked Auto Pro had them for $75.

And we all know Toyota isnt very price friendly