Fixed back seat insert for 2 drivers

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Hey guys

Got a velo and its fixed in position
I'm sitting maybe 50mm closer to the wheel than my ideal position but its pretty good I don't mind sitting abit closer

I'd like the misses to be able race the car in hill climb ect but she is a fair bit shorter than me
She had a drive of the car and can but needs to be higher and closer to the wheel

I'd like to make a drop in insert cushion
Has any one ever made one? Or used one? What ideas you guys got

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
one of those u shaped travel pillows? some of the larger ones should fit in the bottom of a fixed back seat nicely?

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
No seat is fixed in place

Yes I run the cusion its so comfy

And yes I'm thinking of running a harness as I have one hanging around some where in the shed

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
memory foam. get like 20mm sheets, cut to shape and stick together into the appropriate sizing to drop into the seat... one for the bottom :p and one for the back.... if your clever, they can be :dressed" so they stay together and just need dropping into place for driver swaps, alla v8 sooopah taxi

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
No seat is fixed in place

Yes I run the cusion its so comfy

And yes I'm thinking of running a harness as I have one hanging around some where in the shed
First, get a adjustable seat rail. Bride FG Is direct bolt in and universal seat mounts (I have one).
This will make it much easier for Katie to drive as she can sit closer to the wheel and then you just slide it back for you...

With the harness and the sliding rail you won't have to worry about other foam or padding or anything.

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
I tried a bride rail and it wouldn't fit the velo it was to narrow

Plus I wanted the seat as low as possible
And love how ridged the solid mount is

I'll look onto the memory foam first
Where do you get that stuff?

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
I tried a bride rail and it wouldn't fit the velo it was to narrow

Plus I wanted the seat as low as possible
And love how ridged the solid mount is

I'll look onto the memory foam first
Where do you get that stuff?
ran into the same problem, if you had a look at mine you'll see 5 mins with a welder and problem solved.
i can take a pic and send it to you if you want man.

mine is practically on the floor as it is, removing the padding has helped me get it even lower.
seat is solidly mounted on the rail.

Anastasios

Oct 7, 2006
Sydney
for mine, i removed rails from stock ae71 seat, and had metal plates welded across them

this way i retain slider, and it is very very solid

i didnt do the work as i cant weld, a friend who owns master auto trim did it for me

he said he to let my friends know if they need work done, i think interior trimming has died down since autosalon days