Dress Shoes for Driving

hayashi

Dec 9, 2008
Melbourne VIC
Fellow AE, KE and associated drivers,

Do any of you drive in dress shoes? If so, what make & model of shoe?

Work requires me to dress up, and currently I'm changing between sneakers for driving while in the car, then changing into dress shoes once I'm out. I don't know why, but I just can't drive properly in dress shoes. It's not a deal breaker, but I carpool with colleagues, and I feel like a douche cause they insist on waiting for me to change once we've reached the car park.

I like the Milan & Liverpool designs by Porsche: http://www.porsche-design.com/en/Men/Fashion-pd-3/Shoes/
But I can't justify the price.

I know it's a 1st world problem, so feel free to laugh, but please don't flame me. Just seeing if anyone else had the same issue and found a solution.

hayashi

Dec 9, 2008
Melbourne VIC
Unfortunately they're not formal enough. I need something that looks like a dress shoe, but with a more flexible sole so I can press the pedals properly.

Jacob

Jun 28, 2012
Sydney
I used to always drive my hachi in Windsor smiths

Probably not what you're comfortable with but I used to wear them for hours of bar work often followed by a run to Springwood/nasho/bobbin head.

The Jakes are a really good shoe with a really good name (Jake - Jacob). Nice and dressy for work but really comfortable to wear for long periods of time and a nice thin sole for pedal control.