Does anyone in SA want a brand new VELO GP90?

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
Ok im going to purchase in the near future, 1 VELO gp90.

The seats are around $850 or so + rail on their own, or i can get a pair with rails included for $1500.

If anyone would like to get their hands on one with a rail for $750 then go halves with me.

If your wondering what seat it is, it looks like this:

They are top quality, comfortable and hold you well.

I would like to make the purchase within the next month or so.

Skein

May 4, 2006
Adelaide SA
That's a side mount yeah? Providing the rails are low and you can get 2 both with driver's side rails count me in.

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
They are a side mount yeah

i went to the velo factory today, they are only $700+ steel rail for $90, so its only a saving of $40 each if we get them together. Still a saving though...

im going to get some custom embroidery on my seat, which ill probably get done at seperate place, they said i could take the fabric away and return it to them once its done.

So just to confirm dan, you want to go halves in a pair, so just a drivers side for us each? drivers and passengers is the same thing, the mounts are universal and you make some mods to the standard sprinter rail to make them fit and slide. Steve told me ages ago what needs to be done, i forgot exactly what he said but i remember it being easy.

Oh BTW if anyone else is interested in buying one of these seats show your interest! the more the merrier and the cheaper price we can hopefully get!

Skein

May 4, 2006
Adelaide SA
Ah, they don't make a rail for Sprinters... I'd be interested to find out exactly what sort of fabrication work needs to be done to the universal rails to suit the car. I had some mounts fabbed onto the universal rails on the bride knock-offs from Just Jap and while it does the job, it's not exactly the best setup. If I was going all out on a brand new seat I would want a rail made to fit the car already.

Anyways I'll think about it.

Arch

Mar 28, 2006
St Agnes, Adelaide
Its pretty easy...

from memory i dont think any welding is required, i think you just need to drill a couple holes in the sprinter rails and put some bolts through, thats for the +1

even if welding is required, my cousin will do it im sure, i have his mig welder here already.

Skein

May 4, 2006
Adelaide SA
Sorry Arch after thinking about this, the saving isn't that huge to warrant an instant purchase... I need my cash atm :/ I'm sure someone else will go in for it...