Convoy to BRISBANE FOR 2008 HR ANNUAL!!!

intense

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
Well you sure as hell won't be driving, your car might be ready for the 09 meet though but don't cross your fingers :p

also you're in japan, wtf you doing on these forums, go do something better

Rallystanza

Apr 17, 2006
Melbourne
I think if anyone can go, its a drive mission to make it proper.

IF my road car is going by then, I hope it will be and my shit work will give me time off I would love to drive there. Its a week after I get back from OS so i will be pushing it with work, but im gonna push them. Engine is ready to go in, just waiting in clutch!

dongsoo

Apr 15, 2007
H-wizzle
if i have nothing to do i may attend this.

put me down as a maybe.

hehe i wonder how much it will cost us in petrol ?? i once drive from sydney to far noth QLD with a B18c and it actually wasnt too bad cost.

4age engines surely would be almost as fuel efficient ?

amulday

May 6, 2007
Central Vic.
www.citystoppers.com
Still a month and a half off but has anybody made up their mind if they are attending?

Is anybody going to be driving up? If so how would you feel about having 2-3 others along for the ride? I'm sure having 3 guys road tripping would cost the same as a plane ticket each, and at least Vic would be representing 1 car up there. Also possibly meet just outta Sydney with the NSW guys who are heading up! This would result in a very sexy road trip.

I'm still uncertain if I can make it, but if nobody is driving up I might try to organise a flight to Sydney then riding passenger with a local. If all the cars are full or they just don't want a mexican in their whips, Plane to Brisbane it might have to be.

toyoda

May 24, 2006
Melbourne
i highly doubt ill be making the trip up, ive had way to much time off this year with my os trip, da rounds etc, and im running out of money fast !

Nye86

Mar 15, 2006
Sydney
LOL, this thread is so vague. Is anyone ACTUALLY gonna be driving up? at this point we need more than a maybe, we need confimations, there's really not that long left between now and annual. The reason I ask is that Browneye (Scott) from Tas is coming up on spirit and then driving, so it would be good to have him meet up with you guys leaving melbourne. Then you can meet up with us leaving sydney, and we can all meet up with the newcastle boys as we pass them too. Snowball hachi effect much? :p

So c'mon guys, someone make the call and confirm their attendance please! :)

Solo

Nov 28, 2006
Melbourne
Just expressing my interest driving up there... pending my confidence in my car making the trip.
We'll have to leave Thursday and make it back on Tuesday?

bathurst-91

Feb 27, 2006
sydney.nsw.au
The amount of times I've heard VIC peeps say theyre worried about driving their car long distances.

It's better for your car in every respect to drive it at a constant rate of 100km for as long as your various fluids will last.

Driving 2hours on a freeway is much safer than being stuck in stop-go traffic for 2hours. Extend the hours to 10 and nothing changes.. except you'll have wasted a lot of fuel in the stop-go traffic scenario and gone no-where.

So as long as your car literally doesn't have a headgasket on the way out, eats oil, has cracks/leaks in the coolant system or is developing some type of serious problem. It will be fine.

I suppose the concern is that a problem might develop and then you'll be far from home. But short of blowing an engine or a differential (which could equally occur driving around in traffic 45min from home) yet what are the odds of that happening? And in the convoy scenario you have a bunch of guys with the same car ready to help you out. Does that happen when you break down normally? It's like having an F1 pit team follow you around.

The previous years convoy's have seen probably something like 50cars drive 6000kms between them and we haven't lost a car yet. And I see brand new cars overheating in traffic in the city every single day.

Keep your car in check and serviced and you can circumnavigate the globe.

hatstand

Jan 27, 2007
melbourne vic
so very true. i've just done a melb-canberra-melb trip via the hume/barton hwys with no issues whatsoever. threw an extra spare tyre in the back just in case and buggered off. as long as you address the matters andrew referred to, you'll be fine. ( quiet exhausts help a lot lol) :lol:

Otaku

Jul 25, 2006
Melb, VIC
ok it looks like i'm flying up to sydney and driving with garth to brisbane, then flying back from brisbane to melb

anyone else coming to this years annual?

bathurst-91

Feb 27, 2006
sydney.nsw.au
Yeah if anyone is flying and looking for a lift or driving.... nows the time to raise your hand.... you wouldnt want us to forget about you when we leave sydney! lol

Solo

Nov 28, 2006
Melbourne
Seems like I'm ready to drive up there...
just need to sort out accomodation now... :|
if worse comes to worse, I'll just sleep in the car.