Conrads 87 GTV - BEAMS, Multipoint Cage, AP Brakes, Brides..

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
Clean up under way, tape off the door bars :)

Arty shot.. Lol

Looking much better now

Eye bolts for the harnesses

Time to clean up my Bride seats, remove all the masking tape.

New bolts for the seats, much better than the mix and match set that were in there previously

One eyebolt on the drivers side is ok but the one on the tunnel may be an issue on my seat position, may need to move this later.

Seat back in its new clean environment with its new bolts

I couldn't resist trying the Takata harness, I need to get some buckles to wrap the rears around the roll bar once installed.

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
So we had a hole in the fire wall where the welded strut brace was cut out ( to allow the airbox to be fitted )

So I made a template out of cardboard and then transferred that onto the plate.

And voila... One metal template with the hole to access the wiper arm linkage

Clean the hole up ready to weld

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
So I took the car up to Matt who kindly offered to tack it in place for me :)

And welded in...

So before it can be filled, primed and painted it needed grinding flat.

So after plenty of grinding, flatting, priming and painting. I drilled and tapped the holes and fitted the OEM style inspection cover.

Another job off the list.... Standard looking :D

However, my filling and painting skills are not the best so I am not exactly happy with the finish but the car is going for the paintwork touching up at a later date due to damage that occurred at Zen so I will add this bit to the list to get fettled :lol:

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
Well it's been a while since I posted a few updates, too busy with work however the car is in the final stages of getting finished. Door cards to fit, pull handles to fit, front and rear bumpers, plus side skirts to modify and fit to the suit flared arches. Door handles and air box to recolour plus sort out the damaged paint work.

Here goes...

Door card fitted, pull handle positioned

The skirts were offered up and as suspected they didn't fit too well with the flared arches. Only thing to do, chop them, place the pieces where they need to be and fibreglass and fill as required.

Rear corrected

And fitted....

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
Next up the airbox was looking a little tired and scratched so it got some attention and looks a whole lot better now :)

Now onto the front bumper, although it did fit (like a 3 fingered glove on a 6 fingered hand) it wasnt to my liking and needed some work to get the look we were after.

..and after it was reworked, a much better fit.

Next up the rear bumper which was completely miles away... this will take some time I think :rolleyes:

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
the end is so close now. cant believe this thread started 8 years ago. that's a lot of commitment from you

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
Yes, its been a long haul, I have been tempted to call it a day several times but I committed to finishing it and thats what I will do :)

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
The body work continues to progress towards being finished. A lot of work has gone into making this kit fit the flared arches and I am loving the flowing lines now.

s14seriesII

Feb 11, 2007
hoebart, tas
Looking good with the full kit on !
Thats an awesome idea to mount the flush latches that way for the hatch.. Was it hard to get them to work that way ?

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
Looks awesome man.

I am not sold on the wide body treatment. But it's a purely personal thing. I can't fault the quality of the work or the build and it does look a lot better than I though it would all together :)

Hope that doesn't sound cunty. Is meant with the highest respect lol.

When is the "driven in anger" due to kick off ?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
Looks awesome man.

I am not sold on the wide body treatment. But it's a purely personal thing. I can't fault the quality of the work or the build and it does look a lot better than I though it would all together :)

Hope that doesn't sound cunty. Is meant with the highest respect lol.

When is the "driven in anger" due to kick off ?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
Just finishing off the last few parts and then the paintwork, it should be ready to drive maybe October but if things slip it will be next year as it wont be out on the salty roads of UK winter.

What an amazing build! I still get goose bumps reading this one.
Cheers

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
to be honest I was on the fence about the widebody. but now with the kit fitted it really suits it. reminds me of a lancia delta or an 80's quattro.

Conrad

Oct 4, 2008
Yorkshire, UK
to be honest I was on the fence about the widebody. but now with the kit fitted it really suits it. reminds me of a lancia delta or an 80's quattro.
Believe me when I say it looks a lot better in real life. I needed wide arches to cover the wheels but I just did'nt want bolt on or stick on N2 style kits as they just never looked factory, they always looked like an after thought.

When I designed the arches I wanted it to look like it could of come from the factory like that and a lot cars in the 80's had similar style arches, BMW E30 M3, Vauxhall Nova, Lancia Integrale, Audi Quattro etc. etc.

In the end I think it came out well and as you say it looks much better now the bumpers and skirts are fitted. Once the paint is complete it will be something else. :)

johl

May 8, 2007
brisbane
I think most of the guys on here cant wait to see it done.

what car do you have for your daily driver?