came to see what all the fuss is about...

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
most of you guys know what the deals is but,

got offered a fairly well setup rb25 for a desent affordable price. so i had to choose between an insanly quick nissan or a mildly quick stock xr6T.

the nissan won due to its potentual track work if all goes wrong. who knows i may even drift this and street the beams instead???
but anyway i rushed off to find an s13 as i've alway liked a nice clean s13 for it simple look and nice more up to date interior.
so aim of the game is, i want somthing very clean that im happy to look at every day. with the power that i'll never get bored of.

so i ended up with this s13. i wanted either blue or green two tone. nothing else would sufice. i wanted sunroof and aircon while still being relitivly clean and on the cheap side of things. so to tick all these boxes would probley have taken ages to find one and i wanted one now!

now it's not the mintest example but with a bit of effort i think its still saveable. the major things like rattlely interior and leaking door seals were sweet. everything else could be fixed up with abit of effort

(pic of engine going in when it was getting built up)

bit of front end damage... sr autos nothing special either.
had the radiator explode on me bringing it home also :lol:
nissans will be nissans though i guess! will have to get used to breaking down alot now! :p

plans are mild street/daily. won't be much to look at as i want attention away from the rb that will mean instant rapage as soon as the bonnet gets opened.

lets see what happens! will i convert from toyota?

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
as much as i'd love to this is my daily/street car so it will see some pretty mild 17's probley. mabey 17x9 -30 ish if i get carried away.

or i might try and build this one "properly" taking into account geometry/scrub radius/correct tyre sizes ect.

so yeah im not to sure where im going with it but i must fly abit under the radar

as i said before just be a clean looking s13 with a powerplant!

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
open screamer! and im keeping it open depending on when it cracks? and a deadly silent exhaust!

i really havn't paid any attention to turbos... mabey thats why i don't like them so much??

im so excited about this! i wanna get this thing up and going! need to offload the mira first though.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
lol to keep that RB silent you will need drinking straws for an exhaust. in fact i know for sure your fuel pump would be louder if you went that way...

also once the screamer opens up, all bets are off.

fuckin love it. let the madness continue! :lol:

sootie

Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle NSW
my rb20 is pretty quiet it looks like (though someone else did it so I'm not 100%) its a 3" turbo back (with screamer but plumbed back in) all the way to the rear section where it looks like they have bolted the stock bit back on

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
yeah but yours is a fairly stock RB20, not some off tap monster like this.

a mate who has a 340awkw R32 GTR got an EPA letter a couple of years ago for noise. the system he had to get to pass was so quiet that i farted and heard it.
seriously you could hear his fuel pumps from 10m away but not the car.

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
bought this today!

tis all forged with a big turbs on it. thats pretty much all i know... but goes like the clappers i think it made about 270rwkw at 12psi and about 350kw bumped up to around 20psi. with a proper ecu and aftermarket cams i should easy see 400kw...

still need to pick up cooler, piping, exhaust/dump, gb, clutch ect ect...
may also be buying all of the other shit off him too like coilys, 2way, hubs, brakes, knuckles, everything ect kinda running out of money though... help?

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
yeah that'd be great if you could make some planned payments! haha

will know in 3 weeks when he comes back from the mines. after that he'll probley just give me everything and i'll just pay it all off eventually... hopefully!

also my bosskit rocked up. went to grab some new bolts for it and found another hkb s13 boss sitting in the shed! haha where the fuck did this come from??

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
nope not yet. nattys back from the mines though so i'll probley go round and see him tonight to sort some shit out :D

i did how ever lose a tyre on the way home from work
these were the only wheels i had lying around while i swapped tyres

i felt sick im my auto na s13 with 14x8.5 and a nardi haha.

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
won the TE37's! have arrived already

pictures!
gearbox

5 stud rears

wiring/ turbo timer/ random shit.

more random shiz

still heaps more to get. no coilovers there either so i'll need some of them.

going to pick up the shell on sunday with a heap more stuff, looks like they've lost my clutch too so hopefully they don't find it and i can get a new os clutch! haha

have also orded a pair of of 17x9 +22 rpf1's they should be here next week hopefully

updates soon!

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
beams will never be boring!
just wanna spend money on somthing else for abit!

this should be finished soon don't want this to drag on much further.

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
not for a long time though! speaking of which just paid for a private day at mallala for later on in the year, and sould be taking it out on 2 weeks or so for another prac day.

just found this poking around the rest of the gear i picked up, this was the first base tune i think...

:D :D :D