bus - o - disappoinment

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
RE extractors, keep the design simple and smooth flowing. collector length is dependant on how agro your engine will be, also 4-1 or 4-2-1 will also be engine agro dependant.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
engine will most likely be a stocko blacktop 4a for now, then maybe some poncams and fiddling down the track....

4-2-1 so i can experiment with different length secondaries for shits and giggles. i think for the first set ill cheat and get a burns stainless setup... so they give me all the fancy measurements and the collectors... ill supply the stainless tubing through work if i can... from there play when i can :D

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania

annnnnnd she rides again. things are underway to get her regoed, then slowly start playing with her. poor old girl is a little worse for wear after sitting in the elements for the better part of 18 months, but hopefully things will turn around now.

a mild delay on the moving adventure lol...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
laziest post ever

sorry.
trying to get the old girl ready for a roady and rego. but the radiator leaks. tried to fix it on the dioge but failed lol.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
bitch broke my heart. was trying to get her ready enough for a roady this friday, but it aint gonna happen. radiator is pissing like a sailor at 3 am and the reverse lights are being complete cunts...

made a cool battery clamp at work in a spare 15 mins lol

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania

happiest moment i have had in a lonnnnngg time. proper legit rego :)

with an amazing amount of help from old mate aaron, so far she has had a top end freshen up, a new(second hand) radiator, fresh oil and filter, fresh coolant, new thermostat ( it didnt have one lol) it all seems to be running apples. still a few little bits to do. the front wheel bearings could do with a tighten and the idle is a bit fucked at the moment, she stalls everytime you come to a stop if the choke isnt out lol.

also threw some almost the same paint on the guards to make it look a little less suspect to the plod :)

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
lol she has only done 90 000 in 31 years, so id say only 4 or 5 oil changes in her life :)

today was her first day as a daily :) she went fantastic. guys at work think im a fuckwit :)

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
hit something leaving work. thought it might have put a hole in the muffler. had a look under when i got home. turns out it snapped the exhaust clean off at the manifold and just past the first muffler. so spent the arv doing the most awful gasless welding ever seen. bird shit everywhere. but finally got it. had toi take it back off cut and relocate the flange again lol cos it had twisted somewhat.

no more leaks. fuck i hate that engine. auto is leaking like a 2 dollar hooker.

refurbished head is on the way, small amount of parts on order to complete the engine build. hiopefully exciting things happening soon gents.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
sooooo nothing exciting happening.

well thats not true. head is finished, and should be in my hot little hands early next week.

bottom end machining is underway, and i should have it asll back in a fortnight.

since january, i have been playing with something ive been keen on for a while.

fronts on rears.

i dont have many pics of the actual process, as my phone has shit itself for pics. these are sent to me by the mrs lol

didnt do the best of jobs for my first time. i know what went wrong, and i know what i would change if and when i do it again. But its sitting well enough, and certainly looks better than before :)