bus - o - disappoinment

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
lol.....

those were a replacement set of arms for an original gt40.

currently every one is working their socks of finishing an early monaro for some classic rally stuff.

was chatting to yt about the fact there is fuckall room for decent headers in such a big car lol. Last set he made for someone was 2 weeks work solid and 6 and half grand...

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
lol.....

those were a replacement set of arms for an original gt40.

currently every one is working their socks of finishing an early monaro for some classic rally stuff.

was chatting to yt about the fact there is fuckall room for decent headers in such a big car lol. Last set he made for someone was 2 weeks work solid and 6 and half grand...
i can honestly believe that. you know what mine cost, and i have plenty of room and it was around a month of work.

but i bet when it was finished it was a work of art...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
tim, there are plenty of people around with that coin and more lol

im trying to get a pic of the titanium exhaust he made for his lambo :) thing is wicked light :)

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
mmmmm, titanium..i think my build needs some titanium and more carbon fibre...carbon roof and titanium velocity stacks and intake pipe might be a good starting point hehe

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
So in other news, I managed to track down the engine parts my old boss had "hidden".

So I have almost everything to get the engine built and in the car. What I don't have is stuff I can save for individually so the show should start rolling along again shortly.

First off is completing the gearbox conversion.

Then refurb the head.

Then seels and bottom end bearings and associated money wasting.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
Yeah lol my bad.

Well its in the lap of the ato now. Complaint was lodged about super, and my tax return was filed using a stat Dec because he didn't supply a group cert.

But the tax office is notoriously slow.... So won't here much for a few months I guess....

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
so in other funtastic news, me and the beautiful better half have bought a new place closer to the big smoke, for various reasons.

the one upshot of leaving where we are currently, is the new place has a proper garage. Not huge, but still proper :D

so ill finally be able to do some playing, i hope... well at least once we are free of the second mortgage when this place sells... till then she is all 2 minute noodles and stuff :D

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
There's a big smoke in Tassie? Last time I heard there were only a couple of regional shanty towns...

Good stuff though mate.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah big smoke, in this case launceston, was tonque firmly in cheek description.

it wasnt something we wanted to do. but with my recent health problems, and the realisation how isolated we are if something happens to one of us.... it beacame the smart thing to do, at least for a few years

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah no doubts.

I have in my collection all needed rwd stuff from the good ol samq, a nearly completed 6 speed conversion, autronic sm3 ecu...

need to rummage up a blacktop 4age, various efi bits n bobs, and ecide how im going to sort ouot the auto to manual conversion.

before any of that takes place i need a friendly roady to get the ol girl registered before i start doing things that will be difficult to esplain esse :D

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
then need to decide on diff choices....

and ill be building my first set of extractormores for this engine... looking forward to it :D