bus - o - disappoinment

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
very much youngy..... its crazy some of the stuff that gets "celebrated" around the country as "quality" that is just terrible.

Tim... im not sure. not one hundred percent anyway, BUT i think the mid casings are the same for the nissan/toyota/mazda editions. I base this on the fact that frak swapped his mx5 rear housing for a rx8 rear housing. I know they are both mazda versions, but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling thinking its all the same lol.

Clay, the alignment will be a copy of toxins. We have done it at work for someone already. the front housing will be mounted to a tube that is perfectly centralized through machining. The tube extends through the block and the rear two crank journals. The toyota end of the bell is bolted to the engine... so its perfectly plumb. The tube then holds the nissan end perfectly aligned with the crank journals... and BLAZE away :)

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Pat said:
Tim... im not sure. not one hundred percent anyway, BUT i think the mid casings are the same for the nissan/toyota/mazda editions. I base this on the fact that frak swapped his mx5 rear housing for a rx8 rear housing. I know they are both mazda versions, but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling thinking its all the same lol.
:)
you are correct.
its an AISIN 6 sp, or in toyota speak J160. they are found in late NA8C's and NC MX5s, RX8's, S15's.
the housings are interchangable to a point (like mounts, and other vehicle specific shit aside) and *should* have the same input shaft.

a you said pat each box has different ratio's with the RX8 being the shortest, the MX5s being the most evenly spaced, toyota's stupid practice of short short short long long short, and the S15 being the longest ratios.

they are different lengths depending on car and are roughly the same strength as a W5x box.

they also weigh a lot...

sounds like you have it all mapped out pat, should be sweet once you get it sorted.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah its not the lightest little thing lol...

BUT as a cog thing the weight is in the BEST possible place imo.

in other news, i learnt what a fresh weld does to your arm :S

good thing chicks dig scars right??? :D

also adam, and i may be remembering a bit wrong, its been a while, but im thinking the nissan box even has shorter ratios than the toyota lol.

From memory, the perfect * combo was any front end, mx5 ratios /centre and rx8 rear end. smoothest ratios and best fit in the 86... but try finding a damaged rx8 box.... farking...

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
~Manuals~

J160 6/MT found in the AS200 and RS200
First Gear: 3.874
Second Gear: 2.175
Third Gear: 1.484
Fourth Gear: 1.223
Fifth Gear: 1.000
Sixth Gear: 0.869

J160 6/MT found in the Nissan S15
First Gear: 3.626
Second Gear: 2.200
Third Gear: 1.541
Fourth Gear: 1.213
Sixth Gear: 0.767

J160 6/MT found in the Mazda RX8
First Gear: 3.760
Second Gear: 2.269
Third Gear: 1.645
Fourth Gear: 1.187
Sixth Gear: 0.843

J160 6/MT found in the Mazda MX5
First Gear: 3.760
Second Gear: 2.269
Third Gear: 1.645
Fourth Gear: 1.257
Sixth Gear: 0.843

J160 6/MT TRD Gear Set (Part Numer: 33030-SE100)
First Gear: 3.106
Second Gear: 2.175
Third Gear: 1.585
Fourth Gear: 1.223
Sixth Gear: 0.869

J160 6/MT Nismo Gear Set
First Gear: 2.9071
Second Gear: 1.9888
Third Gear: 1.5373
Fourth Gear: 1.2179
Fifth Gear: 1.0000
Sixth Gear: 0.8624

W58 5/MT found in the Toyota Mk2 Celica Supra, Mk3 & Mk4 Supra (non turbo), Mk3 Toyota Cressida, Mk2 Toyota Soarer, Mk3 Toyota Celica & Lotus Excel
Weighs: 35 kg
First Gear: 3.285
Second Gear: 1.894
Third Gear: 1.275
Fourth Gear: 1.00
Fifth Gear: 0.783
Reverse: -3.768

R154 5/MT found in Mk3 Supra Turbo and Mk3 Toyota Soarer Turbo
Weighs: 45.5 kg
First Gear: 3.250
Second Gear: 1.955
Third Gear: 1.310
Fourth Gear: 1.00
Fifth Gear: 0.753
Reverse: -3.180

V160 6/MT found in Mk4 Supra Turbo Series 1
First Gear: 3.830
Second Gear: 2.360
Third Gear: 1.680
Fourth Gear: 1.310
Fifth Gear: 1
Sixth Gear: 0.790
Reverse: -3.280

V161 6/MT found in Mk4 Supra Turbo Series 2
First Gear: 3.724
Second Gear: 2.246
Third Gear: 1.541
Fourth Gear: 1.205
Fifth Gear: 1
Sixth Gear: 0.818

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
sooo come home this arv with a local woodfire pizza and arm fulls of shopping. YEAH PAY DAY bitch's.

Mrs has bent the house door key. No probs, man to the rescue. Carefully use the door lock to straighten the house key. Keeping an eager ear out for the guard dogs. Usually banging the door down by now.

Open the door. Odd, no dogs.

But shit. SHIT everywhere. Broken things. Stuff smashed.

Feathers everywhere.

More shit.

then this.

A fucking peacock. Im all of a sudden freaking out that the peacock has killed the dogs! LOL seriously, no sign of the dogs. A blue healer and a kelpie cross pointer. GONE. well not gone. i go hunting and sheepishly they appear. Blue from the toilet and suz from the back yard. Thats right, we had left the back door open all day.

BUT this doesnt change the fact my bullshit useless dogs got the crap beaten out of them, by A FRIGGING PEACOCK.

Here he is again!

SO as the excitment and confusion subsides, i set about trying to remove the peacock. This take my feeble skills half an hour to achieve lol. Then we set about cleaning and then eat cold pizza while the dogs sulk about being beaten by a bird.

then an hour goes by, and there is squarking outside.

this is binky, STILL trying to get out of the yard. STILL. AN HOUR LATER. How fucking useless are my dogs that HE out witted them and beat them up?????

i feel dirty...

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
i was waiting for pictures of a peacock savaged face...

we saw the results of trying to do things yourself last time...you ended up with a pointer for a finger...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
Delazy said:

we saw the results of trying to do things yourself last time...you ended up with a pointer for a finger...
i rang old mate dicksie, the old guy who looks after my apprenticeship. he is a long time farmer and hunter all round survivilist and my go to guy for random nature events.

"a peacock you say?"

"yep"

"wanna borrow mah gun?"

"not in the loungeroom dicksie..."

"sick the dogs on em then"

"its beaten the dogs up and they are too scared to come out of the bathroom...."

followed promptly by the sounds of an older gentleman pissing himself.

he did manage to kick anna down the stairs lol...

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Pat said:
Delazy said:

i rang old mate dicksie, the old guy who looks after my apprenticeship. he is a long time farmer and hunter all round survivilist and my go to guy for random nature events.

"a peacock you say?"

"yep"

"wanna borrow mah gun?"

"not in the loungeroom dicksie..."

"sick the dogs on em then"

"its beaten the dogs up and they are too scared to come out of the bathroom...."

followed promptly by the sounds of an older gentleman pissing himself.

he did manage to kick anna down the stairs lol...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
i put together a great late night post.... but it never uploaded.... so here is the pics lol

big nuts

NOT MINE.... boss lol

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
you know what pat...no wonder pete was saying all kinds of dirty things about ur missus while he was down.... :p