bus - o - disappoinment

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
mabey take off the nipples altogether (fitting fits 12mm spanner)

then you can see if its dodgy fitting or there might somthing stuck there
(you could of dropped a bolt in it :p yeah i went there)

but yeah could be thread tape could be stuck in there if you used it with the t3 fittings

a bit strange that its all 4 though. flexy lines kinked or blocked?

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
got to play on the car today.

got a "both wheels pointing in the same direction" kind of wheel alignment.

sorted the passenger caliper bleed problem.

learnt the "hard" way not to rest things on the boot of the car when "massaging the guards"

all up successfull. if i have clearanced the guard enough, ill get to drive it to training tomorow :)

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
nothing..... i had threaded the standard lines in so far it was bottoming out.

took the cailper off and hand bled it through all ports.... then put it back on, nothing.... backed the line off half a turn..... purfection...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
soooooo

been pissisting down here for a couple o weeks now. I had noticed in the rain that the car was ROOLY unsteady. Kinda knew all along that my "kinda in the same direction" wheel alignment wasnt great, so after a particularly treacherous run to the airport in the rain this morning, i decided to do something about it.

got me a bunnings spec wheel alignment jobbie... and blow me down, 28mm toe in. no wonder the lil things were not holding on so well :)

got it to 0 with my awesome dodgyness, but honestly could be + - 2 or 3 mm really lol. drove a lot better, but i do miss the light stearing at turn in :p

then onto the brakes.

Spent the afternoon playing with the drivers side caliper. Fresh of the boat the caliper never sat really straight. Actually it was all over the joint, off by about 3mm top to bottom. This had been compouded by me being lazy and just fitting it, and then the wheel bearings working slightly loose, prolly due to the above mentioned toe in situation.... and it was creating the most horendous noises at low speed ....along with all the other embaressing noises a ke70 with a hole in the zorst makes.

So yeah, not the cleanest solution i have ever come up with, but 2 small 316 srainless washers at the top mount and 1 small stainless washer at the bottom has her sitting almost perfectly flush.... and no more silly noise. well that silly noise anyways.

Engine times are a coming, as the 4k has quite a knock in the bottom end lol and a really leaky slushbox.

7age is the plan once i get the beams running in the 86.

Will be a simple enough build, 7a bottom with all cleaned and balanced crank and rods, blacktop pistons, blacktop head and adaptronic comp.

Have a sneaky plan to run a 6 speed, have to wait for the stars to align to see if it will work, but if it does, yay, if not, t50 will do for now.

Once i have either succesfully built that engine and all is good... or its shit itself cos i did something wrong, ill be building a more substantial bottom end with forged rods et all for a later move to forced induction. nothing crazy, focusing again on torque, but just something to toy with.

thanks for reading ladys, stay classy new york!

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
wayne beasanko has personaly improved my car 8 - 12% with nothing but a prayer, song and short animal sacrifice.

his customer service was great, he even brought the whole family along, as i am now a member of the powachips fraternity.... cept his wife was busy, something about a work do with "nelso"

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania

so this is the condition my car was in at half 7 this morning when i came out to take anna to work.

im gutted. I dont know if its just dissapointment that the were stolen, or just that im so painfully angry but have no one to be angry at.

I think i must have disturbed them last night, dog was barking out the front so i went out and had a look from the balcony, could see the top of the car roof, and some people walking down the road, thought nothing of it.

Police have been through and recon they got dna trace from a wheelnut that was left behind.

A genuine reward is offered for any information regarding these wheels as they have imense sentimental value.

they were genuine watanabe's in 15x8.5j -6

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
FUCKING THUNDERCUNTS!!!

i would go asking questions of AE86/KE/AE owners that you know, as the stud pattern will only suit a certain number of cars.
also maybe check out the next drift meet and look at S13 silvia's that are there.
datto's are the only other cars that have 4x114 and would be able to fit the wheels, but that might be a little but harder to trace.

keep an eye on DC, KE70.com, here, toymods and maybe nissansilvia.com and of course Ebay to see if they turn up anytime soon.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah man.... its why i think i must have interupted them. cos there is way to much easy to get at shit there to just leave behind.

and if they know wata's are worth stealing, then they know what rear coilovers and wilwood brakes are worth.

its really weird how its effected me though, ive got all emo about it.

pandabvb700

Sep 18, 2010
woodend victoria australia
im not from the area but il keep an eye out on ebay and others, hopefully the cunts got ran down by there mate when they were getting away or something and lying half dead in a gutter waiting for you to come finish them off fuckin scum

Richard

Dec 9, 2007
Central Coast
oh thats seriously fucked up. just wana stab them cunts. you must of disturbed them u still have the fronts. u have lock nuts on them?