bus - o - disappoinment

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
i jest.....

this is the new bus.

and the lady of the house running away from it.... cos its THAT slow!

it does however, have THIS

and will soon have these...

for the rear end

this collection of front end goodies if i can ever get them together :(

consist of

-brand new hsd coilovers
-brand new pwr steering arms
-brand new t3 brakes
-86 hubs
-86 backing plate trimmed

then these...

for shoes, 8.5-6 rear and 8-6 front :)

that and a set of genuine chrome bumbers and quads is it for the outside.

i did have grand delusions of being able to get this

and this

and all these nightmarishly well organised bits and pices

for the beams on quads conversion into the car on the last week of my holidays.

BUT the guy i was meant to be using his workshop for 18hours a day for the week to get it all sorted bailed on me... :(

so im trying to do the suspension and wheels at home and ill wait till i get to tassie to finish the rest of it :)

also forgot, this is meant to be a nice daily fun driver. so it has full interior. have put a lil stereo in, and will prob get everything retrimed at somepoint in something a little nicer than the baby blue :)

hope you enjoy

ps its a 1.3 auto with aircon and 80 000 km :) give it full boot with the aircon running and you nearly go back in time!

Eircamae86

Sep 11, 2008
Toowoomba QLD
I recon the Beams would be sufficient to support the weight of a full interior.
How is Tassie on laws & shit when it comes to conversions etc & what are the roads like down there for short stroke coilies

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
the roads are fucking mind boggling amazing.....

i cant tell you how much fun it was down there :)

even national level highways have these rad sweeing sections where every corner has ingrained dust lines of people dropping a wheel during the corner lol

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
Pat said:
the roads are fucking mind boggling amazing.....

i cant tell you how much fun it was down there :)

even national level highways have these rad sweeing sections where every corner has ingrained dust lines of people dropping a wheel during the corner lol
haha...so the move is confirmed?? looking forward to catching up when ur down...

sounds like my ole girl will have her work cut out if its going to be chasing this thing around...

watever happened to the beams into ae86 plans??

laws? wat laws? my ae86 will be street rego'd...

one of the boys 1uz ke70 drift car was pulled over in the north of the state on the weekend just gone..

full sticker job and painted in falken colors wearing 195/55's on 10j rears..

the cop looked over the car and gave him a "SELF CLEARING" defect for faulty brake lights lol...

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah lazy,

we put an offer in on 75 acres about half an hour from launy:)

find out in the next couple o days as to when it all happens, but its 99% at the moment. Its going to be a LOT of work.... the house is only partly finished and there is no electricity etc. But mega area for mountainbiking and setting up a new life :)

No mortgage :) or at the very least a small one :) really all depends on how much the electrics cost. we have a quote from aurora for 30 - 60 grand.... :S

beams in 86 became a mothballed plan. Mrs wouldnt get in it, couldnt take the dogs anywhere blah blah blah. I was sick of anna's 121 daily, so i convinced her the ke70 with all the running gear from the 86 was a good plan :)

so the 86 will become a lifelong project. Just something to do crazy shit to. first engine will prolly be a 1uz.

what i REALLY REALLY want in it is one of these....

http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562068.htm

cliff notes...
3l motorbike based v8, 500hp and 10 000 rpm. 6 speed sequential.

BULLSHIT AWESOME!

wont get one of those for many years, but will start with a 1uz, then a mental uz like

http://www.v-eight.com/

cliffs.... well made 1uz seeing 300+rwkw

wanna do a rotor at some point too :)

all dreams at the moment. but will hae the shed to park it and put it on a spit, have a hoist blah blh blah... so doable :)

enough of my dribbling, thanks for listening, and try the veal... im here all week!

ke_70

Feb 26, 2010
barossa
it would of been nice to see the 86 running before this :(

whats up with the rear coilys? what are they? and did you just get the hsd front coilover?

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
thank you pat! i lost that bike V8 page ages ago.

and eds 1/3uz engines are batshit insane. they had one on display at superlap and it was fucken mint.

sounds like your the man with the plan.

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
ke_70 said:
it would of been nice to see the 86 running before this :(

whats up with the rear coilys? what are they? and did you just get the hsd front coilover?
yeah it really would have :(

but at the end of the day, having a car that i cant share with my best mate.... the mrs :) kinda sucks.so bit of a compromise in the daily and i can get 90% of the fun but convince her and the dogs to be involved as well lol

the 86 MAY even get a turbo beams at some point.... either way it will be an awesome car to have fun with. I really wanna get it to the point of being able to go to a hillclimb or track day or superlap or whatever and have an absolute ANIMAL car :) not nice to drive, but something that grabs your nuts and squezes :)

like this!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01VBR5nKPw&feature=player_embedded

now i clearly lack that individuals talent, BUT that thing is just an ANIMAL to drive, even if it rarely wins, it just looks like TERRIFYING fun!

xero... how grouse are the v8 engines???? they are fucking mental!

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Pat said:
like this!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01VBR5nKPw&feature=player_embedded

now i clearly lack that individuals talent, BUT that thing is just an ANIMAL to drive, even if it rarely wins, it just looks like TERRIFYING fun!

xero... how grouse are the v8 engines???? they are fucking mental!
duuuuuudde that thing it just fucken nuts!! i fucken want one so bad right now..

pat check out eds thread on PF http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67255303

goes into much detail about his engine. i agree though something like that in a gemmi coupe or 70'd ford capri or something else stupid like that would make for a helluva ride!

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
yeah been pulling over that thread since it popped up lol.

his stuff is MENTAL!

well hubs have been sorted so ill fit up one strut tonight, the other friday night and im hell bent on getting it rolling balls out styles by tuesday :)

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
fuck shit cunt computer.

just spent 15 mins making a killer post.

puter lost it

fuck you computer

pics...

not enough droop, need helper springs.

bit of camber and bit of flair, should fit sweet.

other side is halfway there