buddyclub seats too high in my hachi

buddy

Sep 12, 2006
Sydney
anyone help i pul new buddyclub fixed back seat in the hachi last night and it sits way to high. its on buddyclub low rails but still sits up.

anyone?

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
you mounted it with their rails? is there a spot lower down you can mount it? if not is there enough metal to put more mounting points in?

failing all of that, get bride FG rails, not sure if they fit buddy club but they are low :lol:

Improvedae86

Banned
Apr 27, 2006
Sunny Never Melbourne
what was the answer you got on dc ? since you asked the question there first

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=9802

Don't go wasting people's time answering your questions here if you don't trust you will get the right answer from them , if you take a bunch of tools from dc's knowledge over the members here on HR you really haven't looked at some of the cars in the members section .

And why is it too high ? you haven't even tryed to fit in the car with a helmet yet have you .

buddy

Sep 12, 2006
Sydney
i am tall and with a helmet on with my ae101 tureno seats it will clear by about 3inches... but this seat with helmet hits.

sorry mate.. i'll stick to hachiroku for adivce... i just wanted to get ananwser quickely.. and thought someone may have had a similar problem before

Improvedae86

Banned
Apr 27, 2006
Sunny Never Melbourne
we still cannot see a picture or measurement of the seat ?

most people get the seat manufactures measurement and work out if its is very different from the stock seat before trying to fit it . I have a saas seat and i downloaded the measurements before i handed cash over for it . Does the bride company have such a thing ? as seat specs . Since there is so many about they must have something as i fit it hard to believe that all there seats fit into all cars .

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
do the bride fg rails have a slide action?

i looks as is if they do, but then again it doesnt look like...

buddy i had a bit of a problem when i installed my obx reclinables installed...
i measured everything, and then when i got my car back from the shop i found i that i couldnt fit in anymore coz my head was at such a painful angle...
i found out that the stock seats when i was sitting in it, that it sunk about 2in down... so i had to have the foam cut out and new base net put in so i got the same "sink" when i sat in it...
on the plus side i didnt think i was possible to make the seat more comfotable!

Big T

Jun 27, 2006
Sydney
Bride FGs are slide adjustable... Garth will be able to shed more light on the range of adjustability as he has these in his car.

Eddie.

Julz01

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
Charge speed make rails in an ultralow side mount that might work ,from what Ive heard they are low but dont know first hand with a sprinter

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
FG's have about 10 inches of slide travel from centre

they fit most things, except those wide ass sparco seats with the MASSIVE seat base

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
sweet!! that helps me a lot!! :D

sometimes my g/f will drive my car and i need it to slide back and forwards
ive got one of those ebay special seats... and it looks like it has recaro seat mounting points...

white86

Nov 5, 2006
Mt Nebo, Brisbane
hachiroku.com.au
I've got a similar problem with a Bride fixed back I just installed in my car.

Mine sits on custom-made mounts which are standard ae86 rails with sidemounts welded on top. They look to have about the same dimensions as the FG rails height-wise. I don't know what most people consider too high or too low, but I find this rail about 2-3 inches too high. There is very little clearance between the bottom of the seat and the sliders (only about 10-15mm).

I think my only option to get it any lower would be making up a custom mount with no slidability, maybe with 4 seperate pieces (one each corner) or a rail at the front and back?

I'd be interested to see what others have done to overcome the height problem that many people seem to run into with fixed back seats. Post up some pics of your set-up if you can, I'd like to see what some people call low, just to get an idea.

In the next few weeks I'll be having a go at making a REAL super-low mount, so any input will be appreciated!

buddy

Sep 12, 2006
Sydney
all fixed.. i went down to bunnings and got new L shape brackets that sit the the seat down lower. i use the new brackets on the front and the old buddy club front brackets on the back now.. its all good now

Steve20v

Apr 30, 2006
Maitland, NSW
Seems like you fixed it easy.

Sometimes a little bit of lateral thinking :? before you post. As you found out, some folk round these parts dont like ae86dc..

Most of the time i try a little lateral thinking before i post. And then only if i have absolutely no fukin idea (which is most of the time) i might try a google search or post up here.

I rarely go to ae86dc unless i really need to for some stupid fun.

Thats enough about me, i will shut up now, you fixed it, good work.

buddy

Sep 12, 2006
Sydney
cheers.. yea i rarely post on dc anymore.. just use to to pm ae86's i meet who are not on here.. i do tell them about hachiroku.com... if they are not toolbags.

i'll get some pictures up soon.. im going to pick up some stockies now to i can drive on some wheels while mine are getting the outer lip polished.

it sould look nice for the meet

buddy

Sep 12, 2006
Sydney
ok back on this toipic again..

i was happay with my seat height for a while.. now in new car i want it to be perfect.. i feel like i should be sitting down at least 1inch lower.

im using buddyclub fixed back seat (awesome) and buddyclub rails.. with random brackets to get it as low as it can go..

i have full cage and i cannot wear helmet with out hitting cage..

ive been looking at the BRIDE FG rails...

http://www.bride-jp.com/products_rail.html

few people have mentioned them and from greenline they are not that bad a price either

does anyone have these rails in their 86??... used with a fixed back seat??

cheers