Brake Master Cylinder options for JDM Booster

speed_humper

May 18, 2011
Lunar Base
Hey guys,

Im losing brake fluid very slowly over the period of a few months.

The pedal also feels very spongy.

Im about 99% sure its the seals in my Brake Master cylinder as there is a dirty rough oily patch underneath it, on my brake booster.

I tried cleaning it and traces of fluid returned a few weeks later.

It looks like this, but not quite so far gone = http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/f18batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/6/6/3/5/khtauto-imgbatch_1399705330/600x450-2014042300018.jpg

Ive gone and bought a BMC from an ACV30 Camry, which I was told would fit, but the problem is my Booster is the later model with the diagonal bolts, so it wont fit.

Are there any other cars that you guys know of that have a diagonal bolt pattern master cylinder that might fit the Kouki (black) brake booster?

Looks like this one = http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/team_tackle/GALLERY/show_image.html?id=10533104&no=2

Thanks for the help guys!

Ismal

Mar 21, 2009
vic
or try AP racing, [FONT=arial, helvetica]Girling[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]some times OEM one will cost more than after market . [/FONT]

speed_humper

May 18, 2011
Lunar Base
Thanks guys, also considering a rebuild of the original BMC but so far yahoo auctions is the only place that I have managed to find a kit. Might try and see if I can get the rebuild kit off Repco or Toyota.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

speed_humper

May 18, 2011
Lunar Base
nissan silvia/skyline non abs fit aswell.

I had the 15/16" master on my car at one stage.
Yeah I heard that some Nissan ones fit. Was that the horizontal bolt pattern or the diagonal pattern?

The one I have is the diagonal pattern. Thanks for the help

Jimmee1990

Apr 15, 2012
Mount Dandenong
More than likely I can get the cups and piston to rebuild, I'll have a look at work tomorrow. You may have to get your cylinder re-sleeved if it's corroded though.

speed_humper

May 18, 2011
Lunar Base
More than likely I can get the cups and piston to rebuild, I'll have a look at work tomorrow. You may have to get your cylinder re-sleeved if it's corroded though.
Thanks mate, I had a look at Amayama, looks like I can get the rebuild kit for about $58, not sure how much delivery would cost, but seeing as its a 200g item I dont expect it to be much.

Cheers