BP Midland / Pedders No Bull Sprint Series Rd 4 At Winton

DavisJD

Oct 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hey all, me and a few other friend will be at Winton on Sunday the 9th of September for the BP Midland / Pedders No Bull Sprint Series Rd 4.

It's a sprint day where you are racing against the clock, trying to get the best lap time you can.

The day has a practice session in the morning, and a few timed sessions throughout the day.

Theres a massively varying group of cars out there, From, Porches to Nissan, to Miata's to race cars. And ususally a couple of Sprinters to!

We will be staying in Benalla (roughly 15 mins from Winton) on the Saturday night, if people are interested in meeting up the night before.

The days costs about $120, but check with Winton Raceway for all the details.

If you want more information check the Winton website
http://www.wintonmotorraceway.com.au

You only need an AASA licence, which you can get on the day and costs about $30 (from memory) and will last you the year.

ae86sprinta

Jan 4, 2007
Benalla (5 mins from Winton)
more spoontahs at winton

i am a benalla local and have been running the winton sprint series this year

i will be out there and you can't get much better value for money.

there is usually atleast 4 sessions but they keep going if you keep lining up

the first session is 3 laps 1 standing start and 2 flying laps you run on your own at about 20 second intervals with about 10 cars on the track.

the rest of the sessions are 4 laps 1 standing 3 flying and you run in groups of 2 so it's good to either race your mate or find someone just a bit quicker than you and try and keep up.

the results are based on your fastest standing lap time and your fastest flying lap time added together so you have to really push on cold tyres. the lap times can come from any session.

would love to see lots of sprinters out there.

keen to meet up with every body in benalla the night before too.

Hey guys.
Im new to this and im in the process of buying my first sprinter =]
Iv organised a test drive for next week. so hopefully ill be puttin a deposit on it and be driving it by the end of this month.

This event sounds like a good oppertunity to give it a first run on. But umm. this will be my first time racing on a track :oops: is it noob friendly? ahaha. it'll be interesting to see how a 3SGE 86 will go. im looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

ae86sprinta

Jan 4, 2007
Benalla (5 mins from Winton)
first timers welcome

it is a great way to start racing.

at drivers briefing they ask who is new and then offer to put all the new guys out in the first group with the juniors and then you can just feed in with the rest of the field later in the day if you want to or keep racing with the other first timers.

it is also good because your not racing against other people but against the clock.

hope to see you out there.