AJ's NA8 MX-5

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
So a couple of you would know already, but for those who don't, I've sold my AE71 and bought an MX-5.

I wanted something along the same basic ideas of AE86s and 4AGE'd E7s, of course that being RWD and lightweight with a decent weight balance, but a bit newer. Getting something with low kms was also a key factor in my decision. I would be lying if I didn't say that the NB that my Mrs and I hired when we visited Tassie last year didn't have anything to do with it.

So I bought this.

It's a 1996 NA8 Limited Edition with only 89,000kms on the clock. Has the hardtop, as you can see. It's Neo Green (close enough to BRG for me) with the Tan Leather interior. It's stock except for an MX5 Mania cold air intake and a Whiteline front strut tower brace. I've installed a new MP3 headunit and have a Nardi 350mm Deep Corn steering wheel on the way. Next week I will be putting in a Brown Davis roll bar.

I have plans beyond that but nothing more than that will happen in the near future apart from doing a couple of fixes on the very few small cosmetic problems, I will just enjoy it as it is for a while.

:toocool:

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
Looks like a good buy mate,congrats.

I have a soft spot for MX5's,just can't fit into them or I'd have bought one myself years ago.

Justin...

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
I'm 6'2" and with the soft top on my hair brushes the roof. The hard top definitely gives more clearance. Will be either swapping or modding the seats at some point.

The reasoning for the Deep Corn is because my left leg is against the wheel when using the clutch.

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
You must be long in the legs then,as I'm just over 6' and my head is well into the roof and I look half into the top of the windscreen frame.

Steering wheel was in my knees as well. Had the same issue with the FD RX7 and that was disappointing as hell.

Justin...

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
Looks like a great buy man, I do enjoy driving Lisa's when I can. Fun little car to punt around.

I have all the problems that you and Justin describe, these issues are easy fixed though. I reckon we should get Lisa's and yours together for a back to back test.

AJ

Mar 28, 2006
Looks like a great buy man, I do enjoy driving Lisa's when I can. Fun little car to punt around.

I have all the problems that you and Justin describe, these issues are easy fixed though. I reckon we should get Lisa's and yours together for a back to back test.
:like: