after market heaters

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
hey guys

my car has no heater and i cant put a stock one in due to engine placement and fire wall being welded up

what after market options do i have?

mate had mentioned the hot rod boys run electric ones, has any one ever played with these

i mainly just need to have a windscreen demister, would be nice to keep my toes warm too

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
Wow,I hope their product is better than their website....

Just out of interest,I wasn't aware that an AE86 required a heater for rego,just the ability to blow air onto the screen for demisting. has anyone been knocked back for not having one?

Will have to copy down the ADRs from my compliance plate and check them over again to see what the story is.

Justin...

fergo308

Dec 28, 2007
Western Sydney
^^ That's an option too I suppose. You could get really crafty and bolt three or four of those to each wiper arm...

Rally guys have used little ceramic heaters in the past. Rain X is good stuff too.

Justin...

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
all good options, but a heater would still be nice

what the hell is a ceramic heater??

all im after really is a 12 v heater element and a fan do these exist??

NIZLAH

Nov 29, 2006
- Brizvegas Biznitches
You can get 12v ceramic heaters that have a small scroll fan to mount on the dash from autobarn etc, I got one (told they will pass a roady) for the sake of showing the person who inspects my car when the time comes, if they have a problem with my lack of heater/blower.
In all honesty its a total piece of shit, never used it in and actual situation, but going of a quick plug in and switch on test I cant see it working overly great if you ever needed it to.

trevors13

Dec 1, 2010
Rouse Hill
i looked into this not to long ago and the biggest issue seemed to be that the altenator couldnt handle long periods warming up the car but did the job to de-frost the window. and people say most of the eletric ones are rubbish but hair dryers seemed to do the trick for windows

medan

Nov 10, 2006
western sydney
You can get little 12v heaters off ebay for pretty cheap. I got one for about $30 and it worked pretty well, but I never got around to installing it under the dash.

I was just going to mount it at the bottom of the main dash vent which directs air up onto the windscreen, pretty much where the heaterbox would go.
Though I just keep a clean rag in the in the door pocket for demisting duties now :p

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Nothing that I had a real good look into

Realised my car won't get driven all that much in the winter months
When it is cold I normally have warm clothing on

But would still be good to suss out eventually