AE86 parts WEIGHT listing.

DRFTAE86

Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne: South East
OK guys, I thought it would be good to start a AE86 parts weights listing.
As it maybe helpful to people wanting to know the weight of certain parts they may be wishing to swap with lighter aftermarket parts or remove altoghther. :wink:
I have personally weighed these parts (first 9) my self so this list is first hand weighing. And i'd like to keep it that way. So please if any 1 has PERSONALLY weighed an AE86 item please list it and i will add it to this first post with ur name as the referance.

NO, "I HEARD" or a "FRIEND TOLD ME" or "i read on ricers'R'us.com" weighings please. First hand info will keep this list as accurate as possiable.

- Bonnet (stock Levin): 15kgs
- Fender (stock): 3kgs
- Door (stock/complete with glass): 30kgs
- Front bumper mount (stock): 1kg
- Rear bumper mount (stock): 1kg
- Hatch w/FRP ducktail (stock): 24kgs
- 13" stock AE86 rim (with tyre): 14kgs
- Aircon pump (stock from 4AC): 7kgs
- Exhuast system (stock, complete 4ac including muffler): 12kgs
- Sound deading (entire AE86): 26kgs *mr2drift*
- Bonnet (stock Truneo): 14 kgs *Garth*
- Smallport 4AGE with inlet manifold and alternator (no exhaust): 120kgs *roadsailing*
- Complete air-con setup (compressor, lines, heat exhachangor, condensor)
13kg *Sam_Q*
- Ccomplete tow bar assembly: 12kg *Sam_Q*
- ADM S series differential, = 58 kg (open centre, complete with brakes, shoes, handbrake cables, and oil, no sway bar attached) *Cannonball*
- JDM T series (disk brake) = 63 kg (open centre, complete with brakes, pads, handbrake cables, NO OIL, no sway bar attached) *Cannonball*

mr2drift

Apr 4, 2006
Japan!
levin, ie aus spec shitter, floor sound deadning, 26kg. this is from 3 cars stripped personally and an average of the three.....

Improvedae86

Banned
Apr 27, 2006
Sunny Never Melbourne
There is no way a trueno bonnet is lighter than a levin bonnet Garth
I have had both cars and since the trueno has a extra 30cm of center and more reinforcement its not lighter . All of the ae86 weights for most panels are covered on the ae86 dvds .

HR Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2006
Sydney, Australia
well we weighed it with bathroom scales.. LOL
it was a kouki too... maybe they revised the underwebbing for the facelift?

only can go with what ive measured personally :)

plus remember its got 2 stinkin holes cut off each corner LOL!

roadsailing

Apr 29, 2006
Melbourne
smallport 4AGE with inlet manifold and alternator (no exhaust)

120 kg (bathroom scales - thank goodnes for fat/big people!)

i'll try to do some more, have some kick ass scales at work.

Sam_Q

May 26, 2006
S.E suberbs of vic
complete air-con setup: compressor, lines, heat exhachangor, condensor
13kg

complete tow bar assembly (hehehhe): 12kg

I would like to know the complete weight of one of the T series drums and all its assosiated components.

MUZ

Jul 17, 2006
newcastle
yeah just been pullin my doors off fck they weigh allot if i get serious im gettin fibre glass or even better carbon fibre (drueling)

damo-ae86

Aug 27, 2006
Adelaide
not really a parts listing, but Beau Yate's car weighs 990kg. Leighton Fine's car weighs 917kg.

both cars had a full tank of fuel, and were weighed at Eastern Creek, in the scrutineering shed.

both run 4agte's, w58's(tho Leighton's is PPG Dogbox), but Beau's car has an F series diff, whilst Leighton's runs T series.

the only other real differences are Beau's passenger's seat, which is a fibreglass bucket, and Beau runs perspex hatch window.

interesting, i thought. :)

Matt Mead

Jul 24, 2006
Shire, Sydney
i had a look over his car at teh easter creek round.... all you could really tell is that he has equal length four links....

i couldnt really look under his car as the thing sits so damn low

Cannonball

May 31, 2006
Sydney
Ok, I just weighed these last night. They are weighed using a set of bathroom scales, so they are only as precise as can be expected on this occasion.

ADM S series differential, = 58 kg (open centre, complete with brakes, shoes, handbrake cables, and oil, no sway bar attached)

JDM T series (disk brake) = 63 kg (open centre, complete with brakes, pads, handbrake cables, NO OIL, no sway bar attached)

The difference betweeen oil and no oil would be approx 1-1.5 kg, so you could say the difference between S series and JDM T series is about 5-6.5kg

I will have the weight for the T18 T series tomorrow.

roadsailing

Apr 29, 2006
Melbourne
bare smallport flywheel: 7kg

smallport flywheel with exeddy clutch and pressure plate: 12 kg

standard seat: 13 kgs, would confirm buit its too hot outside. will do a comparison when the sparco goes in.