adaptronic map

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
Hey guys,
Just wondering if you had a spare adaptronic e420C map for a 4age big port running quad throttles and coil over plug ignition?
Thanks
Kumar

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
try the official adaptronic forum they may be able to help you out

if you do get a map it would still be worth getting it tweaked on a dyno as every engine is different

Stain

Nov 22, 2006
Cairns
I can give u a basic map thatll start the car but it wont be drivable.. Will have to tune it to your engine

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
well yes and no, i had all the mechanical work done more than a month before winton matsuri, and the tuning has been a long expensive drawn out process that has drained both my life and my bank account. Car is still not done and means I've been off the road for more than 3 months now. Honestly regret doing it. Two questions, who did you go to get your car tuned, and do you still have your adaptronic map?

Ismal

Mar 21, 2009
vic
i totally understand what you are saying, my car was out of road for nearly year. But still not complete yet....

Trent from status did the main tune. some how i lost bottom timing cover so it's really hard to get right timing without reference point. couldn't get what expected from motor without proper timing. ( also had few mechanical issues too).

so last sat day i drop the car to status again. Lets c ..................

Whom u gonna take the car for Tune? IF you can go to Status.

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
well yes and no, i had all the mechanical work done more than a month before winton matsuri, and the tuning has been a long expensive drawn out process that has drained both my life and my bank account. Car is still not done and means I've been off the road for more than 3 months now. Honestly regret doing it. Two questions, who did you go to get your car tuned, and do you still have your adaptronic map?
its annoys me to hear this

I hear so many people who get stiffed on cash and end up with crap running cars.
surely cant be that hard??

sorry to hear man

if you can find a good tuner they can make your car sing

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
To be honest once i got it back from the guy who did the tuning, 700 dollars later and after being there for 5 weeks was only running on 3 cylinders, i became really disheartened with the whole project and left the car at my house for a while just collecting dust because a) i didn't know who to take it to and b) didn't have the money to do anything. As it is now the car is running lowish on compression and looks to be the piston rings from what we saw from a wet comp test. because of this i really can't be bothered spending cash on getting it tuned, so last week i went to a mates house who has the adaptronic software and some sensor that auto programs fuel to air mix ratios (not sure what its called I'm kinda lost with these things) and we spent some time in tuning it. I would have gone to trent (should have gone to him in the beginning) but a) i don't know how long the motor will last and therefore can't justify spending more money on it and b) currently trent is moving to his new workshop so i didn't like my chances of getting a booking in with him anytime soon. Realistically my mate has done this before with his sr20 and i think we can hire another mates dyno for a few runs. Hoping we can get it good enough to be reliable and safe, and still give say 90% of the power i want up until the point the motors gone and its time for a 16v rebuild. Would defs bring the car to SA, I'm sure you boys would be able to tune it like a boss, but again its the whole cost of transport plus everything else that i, owning two cars and going to japan (can't wait) cannot afford and did not budget for.

Stain

Nov 22, 2006
Cairns
if the engine is buggered there's no point in tuning it at all.
The tuner should have seen that and not continued with it.

And yes adaptronics work best with a oxygen sensor so as long as you've got a decent ignition map and the fuel map is close enough it'll optimize itself for the best ratios automatically

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
its got lowish compression (lowest is 110, rest are between 120-140), so its tired but still running fine. Never burns oil or anything and still runs perfectly well (before it went to him to get tuned anyway). Its still worth tuning right? or should i change rings and then get back onto it?

Stain

Nov 22, 2006
Cairns
I would suggest you buy a wideband oxygen sensor kit and wire it into the adaptronic yourself. buy or borrow a timing gun then have a crack at the tuning yourself. andy at adaptronic is really helpful and heaps of us here have one that can help you too

regginblack

Mar 7, 2009
melbourne
thanks man, I'm gonna have a crack at doing the basics then maybe change rings once its good enough so that it won't foul the bores.