adams cooking show!! yaaaaaaaaaayy!!

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
ha ha pancakes recipes add water and shake....

eggs - decent pinch on himalayan salt cracked pepper and some herbs splash of milk and whip up

melt cooking butter in pan poor in eggs let sit for 60 seconds on medium temp
then keep moving eggs until 85% cooked remove from pan

heat of the eggs will cook the last bit on the plate for nice silky eggs

mushrooms is just onion and mushys slowly cooked in butter

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
righto, gonna get a touch fancy here:

http://www.strandsofmylife.com/stuffed-focaccia-jamie-oliver-30-minute-meal/

made this quite a number of times now. ive used ham, proscuitto, salami and chicken with it and ive found ham and/or salami to be the best addition. you dont want to go overboard with your meat as the tomatoes and capcicum are the star here. if you cant find foccacia (i certainly damn well cant!) you can substitute ciabatta or turkish bread instead. with the turkish bread just be careful when heating it in the oven it doesnt got to hard and dry.
i also like to spread garlic (fresh sliced or jar of minced) all over the bread before i put in the oven to warm up.

could probably add a couple of mild chillies or dash of sambal olek to your tomato mix before spreading on bread or maybe some spicy salami to give it a bit of zip. havent done that but maybe one day...

FYI cornichons are little pickles, i nor anyone else i know likes them so i leave them out.

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
best salsa ever.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=297224

cilantro is coriander.
i also add diced capsicum (green, red or both) which also helps. used this on nachos, fajitas, tacos, sandwiches... pretty much anything i can add it to when i have some left over. if you seal it in a container and leave it in the fridge its usually good for a about 5 days, the lemon/lime juice helps keep it going.

age_86

Dec 6, 2006
Sydney
My cousin is a food editor in New York and also loves to cook. He posted up this recipe before for "The Most Talked-About Buttery Tomato Pasta Recipe Ever". I've made it many times and can confirm it's freaking tasty. Below is a link to his article with the recipe, and I've cut and paste it below.

http://www.gilttaste.com/stories/4572-the-most-talked-about-buttery-tomato-pasta-recipe-ever

Buttered Onion Tomato Pasta
Serves 4 as a main course, 6 as a starter

5 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half along the middle
1 28-ounce can tomatoes with juice (there are hardly any ingredients in this sauce, so show off your good tomatoes!)
1 pound dried pasta

For the accompanying “salad”
¼ medium red onion
1 fistful soft herbs – parsley, basil, or even mint or coriander
Mild vinegar, to taste
Salt, to taste

1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat and add the onion halves, cut-side down.

2. Crush the tomatoes by hand in a mixing bowl, and don’t squirt them all over yourself. If the tomatoes are really firm and not really coming apart, chop them up or puree them. (Or puree them after the sauce is cooked if necessary, which I prefer because it also re-emulsifies the butter.) Listen to the onion start to sizzle and breathe deep, thinking, “Oh yeah, that’s what that smells like.” Scatter the crushed tomatoes around the onion, and when they’re all in there, pour in the tomato juice.

3. Turn the heat up, bringing the liquid up to simmer, then turn it down so that it cooks slowly, uncovered, with very gentle but persistent bubbles. Season lightly with salt and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. While the sauce is cooking, slice the red onion as thin as you can, season it with a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar, just enough to moisten it. Roughly chop the herbs, but don’t combine them with the onion. Look in the saucepan. As the sauce cooks, the butter will emulsify in, turning the red into more of a deep pink. After 45 minutes, the sauce should have reduced by about half, the butter will be threatening to break back out and float back to the top. The flavor will round out and deepen; and it should be sweet, tart, and buttery in equal measure.

5. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the pasta ‘til al dente. As it cooks, season the sauce with salt (and maybe a pinch of sugar) to taste. Combine the chopped herbs with the red onion. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and serve, with a small pinch of onion salad on top or on the side. Go light on the onion salad, since you want to be able to have bites that are just pasta and sauce to revel in its loveliness.

sootie

Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle NSW
My cousin is a food editor in New York and also loves to cook. He posted up this recipe before for "The Most Talked-About Buttery Tomato Pasta Recipe Ever". I've made it many times and can confirm it's freaking tasty. Below is a link to his article with the recipe, and I've cut and paste it below.

http://www.gilttaste.com/stories/4572-the-most-talked-about-buttery-tomato-pasta-recipe-ever

Buttered Onion Tomato Pasta
Serves 4 as a main course, 6 as a starter

5 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half along the equator
1 28-ounce can tomatoes with juice (there are hardly any ingredients in this sauce, so show off your good tomatoes!)
1 pound dried pasta

For the accompanying “salad”
¼ medium red onion
1 fistful soft herbs – parsley, basil, or even mint or cilantro
Mild vinegar, to taste
Salt, to taste

1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat and add the onion halves, cut-side down.

2. Crush the tomatoes by hand in a mixing bowl, and don’t squirt them all over yourself. If the tomatoes are really firm and not really coming apart, chop them up or puree them. (Or puree them after the sauce is cooked if necessary, which I prefer because it also re-emulsifies the butter.) Listen to the onion start to sizzle and breathe deep, thinking, “Oh yeah, that’s what that smells like.” Scatter the crushed tomatoes around the onion, and when they’re all in there, pour in the tomato juice.

3. Turn the heat up, bringing the liquid up to simmer, then turn it down so that it cooks slowly, uncovered, with very gentle but persistent bubbles. Season lightly with salt and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. While the sauce is cooking, slice the red onion as thin as you can, season it with a pinch of salt and a splash of vinegar, just enough to moisten it. Roughly chop the herbs, but don’t combine them with the onion. Look in the saucepan. As the sauce cooks, the butter will emulsify in, turning the red into more of a deep pink. After 45 minutes, the sauce should have reduced by about half, the butter will be threatening to break back out and float back to the top. The flavor will round out and deepen; and it should be sweet, tart, and buttery in equal measure.

5. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the pasta ‘til al dente. As it cooks, season the sauce with salt (and maybe a pinch of sugar) to taste. Combine the chopped herbs with the red onion. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce and serve, with a small pinch of onion salad on top or on the side. Go light on the onion salad, since you want to be able to have bites that are just pasta and sauce to revel in its loveliness.
I refuse to cook anything where I have to travel for 4 hours to cut something!

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
so i got bored of making breakfast

this week was time for a special dessert
there are recipes for fondue chocolate with cream i think? but we just melted 3 blocks of milk and 1 block of dark

bit of water in a sauce pan medium heat with a bowl sitting on top keep moving the chocolate so it does not burn

then some apple banana strawberries lollies and dried apricot = amazing

then the next night we felt like a snack
living in a country town we dont really have the option to just nip out for something

so whipped up a garlic bread
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 an onion
melt some real butter till its soft and mix together
grate some vintage cheese on top

oven on 180 i just waited till cheese was melted dident want the base crispy

with a banana milk shake
1 banana and some maple syrup

tasty

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
timmeh, add about 50mls of cream to the melted chocolate next time mate. keeps the chocolate creamy and doesnt (well shouldnt) set.
you dont want it to be too runny just enough to keep it smooth...

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
Yeah we dident have any cream

We used just organic chocolate from aldi and it dident really set at all

Either it was the chocolate.... Or we ate it to quick ha ha

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pux9JRiGRHY[/video]

just gave this ago
results were not to bad at all

need to work on it abit but i reakon this could be a favourite

Tim.duncan

Nov 11, 2008
Snowy mountains
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pux9JRiGRHY[/video]

just gave this ago
results were not to bad at all

need to work on it abit but i reakon this could be a favourite

Pat

Nov 29, 2006
e-town tasmania
ok.... let me start this with, i hate scrambled eggs. Cant stand the things. But this lil number seems to rock young annas socks. so ill throw it out there for anyone wanting to try it at home :D

almost everything you need.... i forgot the pepper lol

look at that, not one piece of shell!!!!

give em a right good wazzing with the business end of a fork. then add about a 100ml of thickened cream.

Again with the fork wazzing... annnnnd season to taste. Anna likes a lot of pepper and cares not for salt. Do as you wish :D

roughly torn and chopped baby spinach. you guessed it, give it a wazzing!!!!! :D actually just fold this one through lol

Usually i have cooked me some bacon before hand, and just leave the pan oily and turn it down a bit, if not, add a bit of butter and start hottish, then turn the heat down. The trick is to always keep the egg mixture moving. stir, fold, agitate... a basic wednesday night really. DONT cook it too long. Flap it out of the pan when it is still a touch too runny and gross. It will continue to cook on the plate and by the time you have done this...

it will be spot on.

Add bacon, fresh ham off the bone, or if you REALLY want that lady lovin, some tassie finest smoked salmon, and she is all apples.

Delazy

Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
^^^ now I understand how you are batting soooooo far above your average :p life your work bloke... Never did I think scrambled eggs would make a lady moist :p

xero

Oct 4, 2006
northern beaches, sydney
another trick i picked up a while ago pat, toast your bread in the bacon oil.
its the fucking business.

ok so im going to give you something thats i stole from Rick Stein and is on a medium rotation at the moment.

SPANISH BAKED EGGS
olive oil
4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced (i used minced garlic but whatever)
medium onion thinly sliced
green and red capsicum seeded and chopped
a couple of zucchini thinly sliced (hate zucchini so i leave it out)
pinch of chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon of paprika (i also add a small dash of CAJUN spices)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2-4 eggs (depends on who your cooking for
some roasted capsicum if you have them (now a very regular item in my fridge, in the pickle aisle at coles woolies)
some crusty bread to serve with.

EXTRAS
i add like to add some chopped or sliced chorizo to the mix or a whole chorizo on the BBQ. could also add bacon as well

METHOD
add oil to pan over a medium heat. add garlic, onions, chorizo (if added it stew) and capsicums and cook for a about 6-7mins until the onion is soft.
add the zucchini and cook for another 5 mins
then add chili flakes, cumin and paprika and move it around a bit and let it cook for another minute or so.
add in the tomatoes, cover and simmer for about 5 mins. season with salt and pepper to taste
make some shallow dips in the top of the mixture and carefully break the eggs into the dips and season eggs to taste.
scatter roasted capsicum strips around and then cover with lid and simmer for 8-10 mins until the whites are set and the yolk is runny (or how ever you like your eggs cooked.

if you've cooked a whole chorizo on the BBQ throw in on your plate and arrange the crusty bread next too it. with a large spoon scoop out and egg (or 2) and place on top of chorizo bread. add another scoop of tomato stew and then smash that into your face.

Brofft

Aug 30, 2012
NSW
Awesome, I'm trying that tommorrow, toasted bread in bacon oil & spanish baked eggs, that sounds like the business alright!